An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Hi I have been in and out of recovery.

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Havasu99, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Havasu99

Havasu99 Member

I honestly don't think I have it in me to come back in even 1 more time. I'm a 44 year old woman who got introduced to methamphetamine about 10 years ago. So been off and on since. I have done really great until recently when I had to call the police on my fiance and have him arrested for domestic violence on me while he was drunk and coming down because I wouldn't find him anymore. I'm here to stay clean I have 2 days
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Havasu99... Welcome to the community, my dear. And congratulations on your 2 days of clean time. That's a fabulous accomplishment and you should be very proud of yourself!

You can stay clean if you commit to it and are willing to work hard at it. I know you can. Have you ever considered going to NA or SMART Recovery meetings? If not, I think it would be helpful for you to do so. You can even do meetings online if that's easier for you.

My best advice is to take things one day at a time (I know...it's so cliché). Or even one hour or minute at a time. Whatever keeps moving you forward. As long as you keep taking steps in the right direction--no matter how small--you will succeed. Even baby steps will eventually get you to where you want to be!

I am sending you a huge dose of positive, clean & sober vibes. And tons of hope and encouragement, too. You are not alone, my friend. And you can come here and lean on us anytime you'd like.

You can do this!