An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Hi, I'm Mormo.

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Mormo, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Mormo

Mormo Member

Hello. I am a drug addict. I had six years clean but then relapsed and now I don't know what I want anymore.

I relapsed because I was lonely. I went through 6 years in the rooms without a girlfriend or sex. I still don't have those things but I felt like I had given up everything I enjoyed and if I couldn't have a girlfriend or wife at least I would start drinking and smoking a little weed again.

I am not having any problems with my drinking and smoking other than the money I spend. Also I'm sure my family is disappointed in me. They were proud of my clean time when I had it.

I do miss the fellowship of the rooms as I did have some good friends there.

Thanks.
  2. Rainman

Rainman Community Champion

Hello and welcome to drugabuse.com, Mormo.

Beating an addiction isn't easy. Most people who decide that they've had enough of the drugs they've been using end up relapsing and hating themselves for it. The trick though is to get up each time you fall and fight harder. Each time you fall you get up, set realistic goals and work towards achieving them. In the end your hard work and determination will pay off . . . the addiction will be a thing of the past.

All the best!
  3. notodrugs

notodrugs Community Listener Community Listener

Hi Mormo. Welcome to the community! Thanks for sharing your story. It was short but insightful in the sense that you have given us your perception of why you relapsed. It's good that you know your loneliness led to it because you can address the issue.

As to why you are lonely, I don't think I understand you well. But you also said you don't know anymore what you want in life. If you can see a counselor to help you sort things out, that might help you with your concerns.

I sincerely hope Mormon that you'll find out what you want in life. In so doing, you might be able to help yourself become clean again. It does not matter if you relapse, I do hope you can get out of it again. You did it before and lasted 6 years substance-free. That's an amazing feat! You can do it again!
  4. maryannballeras

maryannballeras Senior Contributor

Hello there, Mormo! Welcome to the forum. I know how it is to want to do something justto ease the loneliness. I have been there. I have been an alcoholic so I can forget about a break up. It will get you through at first but trust me, it won't make the situation any better. Of course, I don't have any idea about what you went through. All I can tell you is that life is good, and doing drugs won't let you experience the good things that life can offer. Just my opinion.
  5. Davienna

Davienna Community Champion

Welcome Mormo, hope you enjoy it here. First of all, you have to find joy within yourself, don't ever be too reliant on anyone for your happiness. I know how it feels to be lonely and I am tired of it but I try to exercise, party "by myself" and several other things to make me happy and comfortable. Since a girlfriend/wife is missing from your life, hey let's get married :) It is not so easy though :-( just pray and work on it my dear.
  6. imperivm1

imperivm1 Community Champion

You shouldn't miss the times when you were addicted because that's how you started relapsing in the first place. Be proud of where you are at this point in your life and don't look back at the past reminiscing about the friends you shared your ordeals with. I know it's hard but as I said, evoking all these partially pleasant memories will do you no good in the long run. Embrace the present and I'm sure you'll find a bunch of new friends that will help you in your quest of turning a fresh chapter in your life.