An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Hi

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine / Meth' started by Proudmommx7, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Proudmommx7

Proudmommx7 Member

Hi I been married for 13 years been with my husband for 15 about 9 or 10 years ago I found out he was snorting pain pills. He told me it was just something he did here and there and didn't spend our money on them. Well I believed him well the problem got worse I ended up leaving him and he begged me to come back he didn't want that life he would stop a month passed and I went home.it wasn't long after going home I found out he didn't stop the pills. I stayed for a few more years and couldn't take it so I left again this time it was much longer I didn't think I would ever go back and again he was gonna kill his self he can't and won't live without me he said he stopped that I made him happy and he needs me more then drugs. 2 weeks after having my 7th child I busted him doing pills and found out he was doing crystal meth he said he did the meth to get off the pills and once he got away from the pills he stopped meth no problem I feel he never did stop my husband is only 36 and looks way older then that I want to believe he's not doing it but I have a gut feeling he's still doing drugs and just telling me what I wanna hear.. it's to the point I can't tell if he's high or not I been dealing with it for so many years I just don't know anymore I love the man but I have 7 kids that need me and I feel like he's dragging me down with him
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Proudmommx7... People who are addicted to drugs very often tell their loved ones what they think they want to hear. It's part of the manipulation that addicts are so good at. The same goes for the threats of suicide.

I always tell people to remember what Al-Anon and Nar-Anon teach about a loved one's addiction: You didn't cause it, you can't control it, and you can't cure it. Your husband is the only one who can make the decision to change his life. Period. And until he does, his behavior isn't likely to change.

I suggest you start focusing on taking good care of yourself and your kids. Your lives are the most important ones and you have to do what's best for you and your children. Perhaps it's time to consider giving your husband an ultimatum.