New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

How can your family support you?

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by kullboys, May 26, 2017.

1. kullboys

kullboys Member

Gia đình bạn có thể làm gì để hỗ trợ bạn? Không có rượu / thuốc lá / phó của bạn trong nhà? Họ có nên kiêng cử không? Bạn có kinh nghiệm gì về hoạt động này và điều gì làm cho mọi việc trở nên khó khăn hơn (ngay cả khi họ có ý tốt)?
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Welcome, @kullboys... I put your post into Google Translate and this is what it gave me. I hope it's accurate:

"What can your family do to support you? No alcohol / tobacco / deputy in your home? Should they abstain? What experience do you have about this activity and what makes things even more difficult (even if they have good intentions)?"

As far as what your family can do... I think it's wonderful if family members are willing to abstain and keep substances out of the house. When our son was struggling with addiction, my wife and I both decided to stop drinking. That was 8.5 years ago and we're still alcohol-free. Not having substances in the house takes away a lot of temptation, that's for sure. And having people in the house who are drinking or using other substances makes it very difficult for the person who is trying to stay clean and sober. Recovery is always easier when you have a lot of support from people you love!