An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

How Cautious are You?

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by gracer, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Zyni

Zyni Community Champion

If you are overly concerned, you can also ask your pharmacist for a consultation. He or she can describe the side effects as well as addressing drug interactions with other medications that you might be taking. Above all, the pharmacist can advise you on whether or not the drug is habit forming and what precautions if any you need to take. Don't hesitate to avail yourself of such services.
  2. lilfaerie28

lilfaerie28 Active Contributor

I try to be very cautious. I was addicted to pain pills for over 3 years, and it was so hard to stop taking them. Now, I take them very rarely. I don't feel the need to take them constantly, because I am no longer physically dependent. I never want that again! I only take them in emergency situations.
  3. Zyni

Zyni Community Champion

It's scary. When you need the drugs for actual medicine, it's hard to avoid taking them. Many of them do come with the risk of becoming dependent though. It's a concern for me. I've always been one to avoiding taking any medication unless I absolutely have to, but when you have to... yeah.

All that said, I'm just happy to hear that you're in control of the situation. That's great to hear.
  4. PingPongCall

PingPongCall Active Contributor

I'd like to come on here and pretend that I'm cautious about taking prescription drugs, I sometimes am, but most of the time all I'm ever thinking about is how I can get out of taking anything. I hate medication because even if I take something as simple as an Aleve it seems to affect my normally prescribed medication and this causes me to have these weird mood swings.

This ultimately makes everyone in my life despise me even more and that just makes me want to get high so I can forget about my problems. I know that's not the answer and rarely do I act upon it, but sometimes I do fall into old habits.