An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

How do meth users act when coming down from a high?

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine / Meth' started by dragonbvoide, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Worriedparent

Worriedparent Member

The bad thing is she expecting another one with him and I'm hoping we get the truth before she's due
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

You guys are in my thoughts and prayers, @Worriedparent.
  3. Worriedparent

Worriedparent Member

Thank you
    deanokat likes this.
  4. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Worriedparent hey there. come here as often as you need. we will believe the best with you...
    deanokat likes this.
  5. Worriedparent

Worriedparent Member

Thank you all so much
    deanokat and Dominica like this.
  6. tiredmom

tiredmom Member

I'm not sure what it looks like when they come down. It took me awhile to realize what was up with my daughter. (recovery has to be her choice) I recently had to tell her she couldn't come to my home anymore. I know she used in the past, but I've never seen anything like this. She would come over, eat a bunch of food, and sleep for hours. Then she would try to sneak away before I could talk to her. Be gone for a couple of days and repeat. Well, I woke her up at about 5 pm. She went ballistic. I said I needed to talk to her. Started screaming at me. She physically attacked me. Stole my phone when she left. I had to draw the line. She's had the mood swings before but never has she ever physically attacked me. I can't make her go to rehab. But I told her she had to get help if she ever came back. She really wanted to hurt me. I just don't feel comfortable anymore. I'm not going to walk around on eggshells in my own home. I don't know what symptoms are of what phase. But I'm at this point where she's making it easier and easier to stand my ground. It's not that I don't love her. But I loathe the person that she's becoming if that makes sense. She's been doing this to me for 3 years. I care for special needs children. One is medically fragile. As soon as I think she's using I've told her she can't come over. I have to protect the kids from that. It's been months since she had issues but she's run out of chances. If she said I want help. I'd get her help. But she can no longer be welcome here until she's done that. It took time to get to this point. And sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot. This is the first time joining an online group.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    Joshstillclean, deanokat and Dominica like this.
  7. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@tiredmom hello there. welcome. this was the right place to post that comment. if you want to start a new thread, you can do that too. we'd love to hear more about you...

glad you're not willing to walk on eggshells anymore. it does take time to get to that point when it comes to enforcing boundaries...but it's necessary for sure.

i'm sorry you have to experience all this. it can be disheartening and we don't know why they fall into this addiction. please know that you can come here anytime...we'll offer you support and encouragement and a safe space to share.
  8. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Welcome to the forum, @tiredmom. Good for you for setting those boundaries. That is your right, and even though it's not easy to do, it's the right thing to do. Bless you, too, for caring for special needs children. That is a wonderful thing.

We are always here to help, support, and listen. You are not alone, my dear.

Just remember what Al-Anon and Nar-Anon teach us about our loved one's addiction:

We didn't cause it, we can't control it, and we can't cure it.

Sending lots of love and light your way. And I will pray for your daughter.
    True concern and Joshstillclean like this.
  9. Kontraban

Kontraban Member

@Dominica @deanokat A couple days ago was my first time having withdraw sypmtoms.. I think im realizing i have a problem i want to stop
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  10. True concern

True concern Community Champion

My friend both Dominica and deanokat are no longer with the site professionally however they do chime in from time to time but there are people here who care and have been exactly where you are, we don't judge here period,we just want to help as best we can.
    STAY STRONG AND GOD BLESS
  11. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Community Champion

My friend, you seem sincere. If you think you have a problem than you have a problem.
    But if you take control of it now you will save years of your life from stress. Please reach out. There is nothing you can say that i, or someone else here cannot relate to. Your doing the right thing.
    And as this is under the meth forum I beg you to start now. Meth is a truly evil drug.
    I have a script for Ritalin and I don't even like it. I feel very depressed when it wears off.
    Onceaddicted77 and True concern like this.
  12. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Community Champion

Having said that tho, I used cocaine for many years. So many I had to start shooting because of severe nosebleeds. It only gets worse. And you'll be so much happier without it.
    You will have days you miss that energy, but in the long run...you get your life back.
    Onceaddicted77 and True concern like this.