An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

How Has Cocaine Become So Accessible?

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by lefttowrite, Apr 12, 2015.

1. CnfdNYWife

CnfdNYWife Member

My 16 year old son came to me yesterday and said "Mom, this kid had cocaine on him when I was walking around town. It was like he was proud or something showing everyone. I said get that **** out of my face" For now, he stays away from it because he sees what it's done to his dad who abuses crack, but I'm so scared for my son. If the right person offers it or eggs him on, like maybe a girl he likes or something, I feel like he will have a hard time saying no. It's just so damn scary. He is well aware addiction runs in the family and we've talked so much about it but that's all I have is words. I'm terrified.
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

It's a scary time for young people and drugs. That's for sure, @CnfdNYWife. The best advice I can give you is to talk to your son constantly about your family's history and the fact that he may well have a predisposition for addiction. And let him know that there's an open line of communication whenever he wants to talk about drugs...or anything, really. But don't worry too much about things if you can possibly help it. Worrying doesn't actually do anything and you're liable to make yourself crazy.
    CnfdNYWife likes this.