An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

How Have You Been Doing Lately?

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by gracer, May 2, 2015.

1. Charli

Charli Community Champion

I'm still trying to quit a few bad habits but I am never giving up. I don't really find inspiration in any specific thing but I just try and keep my eyes focused on the goal which is to have a better quality of life so I can actually go through it and when the time comes be able to look back at what I have achieved with fondness.
    kana_marie and gracer like this.
  2. 6up

6up Community Champion

I have practised not to be idle at all. This has kept me away from drank friends. By following my schedules, I have managed to move forward. Sporting helps refresh my mind whenever I feel stressed up and I eat a balanced diet to keep myself healthy.
    kana_marie and gracer like this.
  3. gracer

gracer Community Champion

It must have been a rough childhood for you. I feel bad that you had to experience an abusive childhood. You are a strong person to be able to pull yourself through and live a better life. Your attitude and positivity is admirable and something to be used as an inspiration for people who are still going through a rough situation right now. :)
  4. kana_marie

kana_marie Community Champion

I think people have a hard time taking it one day at a time. When you finally getting he point where you really want to quit, it is hard to be patient. They want to do it all at once.
    gracer and CallipygianGamine like this.
  5. CallipygianGamine

CallipygianGamine Community Champion

I’ve certainly found that to be the case. Any major life change seems to have this effect of wanting to be free of the old ways all at once. I know I’ve encountered that. It’s oddly comforting to know I’m not the only one, but at the same time that’s why I really appreciate constant reminders that these things all have to be accomplished one step at a time. Makes me less inclined to be so hard on myself.
    gracer likes this.
  6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Community Champion

Lately there have been some ups and downs but I am managing. I try to keep myself busy everyday with work and hobbies so I don't think about my problems too much.
    I hope things will look up soon.
    gracer likes this.
  7. gracer

gracer Community Champion

@CallipygianGamine Achieving something really takes time and a lot of effort. You're right in saying that it takes one step at a time. Nothing is ever instant in life. The journey may be slower than we imagine but once we get there, the sense of achievement is overwhelming. Just be patient and everything will eventually work out well. :)

@FuZyOn Things will surely look up soon when you're down right now. There's a saying 'there's nothing to go but up when you're down'. Just maintain your positivity and surely things will be better in time. :)
    CallipygianGamine likes this.
  8. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

Happiness and inspiration? Studying communication, philosophy, and the human mind. Did several courses that increase the IQ. It feels good, makes you really feel inspired and happy to achieve on a mental level.
  9. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Community Champion

I have been under a lot of stress lately and that makes me have really bad cravings for a cigarette and it's even more difficult when I'm surrounded by a lot of smokers... But I think that my main motivation now is the future and how unpredictable it is, even if now things don't go that well, I still have the hope that someday it will be better.
  10. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Community Champion

Lately I feel like I have been doing much better than I have in years. I have focus to get things done that I need to do to better myself, and no longer feel like I am walking through a fog. It is a great feeling because I see things with the clarity I have not felt in a very long time. I am working hard and am starting to experience the fruits of my labor. Instead of drinking, I am able to focus on earning extra money that I need and taking care of my finances and my life as a whole.
  11. Nergaahl

Nergaahl Community Champion

I have started talking to a person I really love again, after three months of silence. It feels really good, I expected things to be different, but it seems like everything stayed unchanged, besides the bound between us which grew stronger. I can say my life is becoming better and better. I have waited for this so long.
  12. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Community Champion

I am trying to work everything out in my home right now. I have a teen daughter who has been getting herself into a lot of trouble and lying quite a bit. It is times like these that I could just drink it all away and become numb inside, but I have to stay strong for the family.
  13. Ali16

Ali16 Senior Contributor

I just got some bad new job wise and am not doing too good at all. Can feel my addictions calling to me. I will make it, I always seem to but this just isn't a good day.