An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

How Long Have You Gone Without Sleeping?

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine / Meth' started by JoshPosh, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Stupidity Exists - Fact.

I worked with a guy who was like this.
    He fainted while driving and be red into oncomong traffic. He's just fine, don't worry. It just killed the mom, and her 3 kids in the back seat.
    Life in prison. Id rather be dead.
  2. ilkaffeeli

ilkaffeeli Member

Thanks for your story. It's working out almost exactly the same for me except I'm making a 2-days-awake limit my goal.
    I finally got to a balance point where I use every other day. The task obsession side effect is an issue, but I can fight it with a little discipline. My only diffference in mental illnesses is the bipolar, I'm 2, not manic (no fun!). I only attempted suicide once and that was in jail and obviously before I used meth. Again, thanks for sharing.
  3. ilkaffeeli

ilkaffeeli Member

I already have severe depression and anhedonia (thanks for teaching me a new word). Nothing to lose! If you truly understood that depression is a disability, I think you'd side with me in self-medicating despite these side effects that you've brought up. Depression is like losing your legs, honestly (yet no one knows your legs are missing). I'm not saying you don't understand depression. But like any antidepressant, tolerance goes up and stopping messes you up
  4. Onceaddicted77

Onceaddicted77 Spam fighting Moderator & Realist Community Listener

Hi glad your here welcome. Yes your right I do understand depression. I've battled it all my life. I abused opioids for over 10 years.
    I do understand the need for self medicating I do it myself with kratom. Meth is a very powerful antidepressant and it causes major rebounds on the come down.

The ideal of proper self medicating is to find the lowest safest drug that helps your symptoms. For me its kratom its natural and it's one hell of a plant and legal for now. You wont really meet many old meth or cocain addicts in there 50s & 60s and up because they dont exist.

That **** will kill you period it's made with junk and it will turn you into junk. We truly become what we put in our body's. If you need a good antidepressant go with wellbutrin it's made to mimic meth's mechanism of action and structure, which is a norepinephrine and dopamine reuptake inhibitor. It just dosnt promote release which will deplete your stores of dopamine like meth. They both do the same thing at different levels but its controlled, safer and legal. A Dr would have no problem giving it to you. But the problem is all drugs will raise tolerance and stop working they are not the answer they are unsustainable most problems can be fixed by your diet. Eat good feel good.

Depression is caused from an imbalance. Either caused by drugs or genetics possibly. We get our amino acids we need to build the proper transmitters in our gut that is transported to our brains we need the proper diet for us to be healthy mentally by eating the proper foods, our brain is constantly adjusting itself to what we put in our bodys.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    ilkaffeeli likes this.
  5. ilkaffeeli

ilkaffeeli Member

Thanks for your feedback. I did use Kratom once. Maybe it's worth another try. I also relied on DXM for a couple years. The side effects kinda sucked. I'll be going back to the psychiatrist soon. Lithium seemed to help me with racing, disturbing thoughts too.
    Onceaddicted77 likes this.
  6. Onceaddicted77

Onceaddicted77 Spam fighting Moderator & Realist Community Listener

No problem my friend I do hope you find the answers you seek. Glad to have you here. :)
  7. How long i stay up depends on how much stuff I have just now im on day 6 debating weather to continue or not,?x
  8. How long i stay up depends on how much stuff I have just now im on day 6 debating weather to continue or not,?x
  9. How long i stay up depends on how much stuff I have just now im on day 6 debating weather to continue or not,?x

We can go nowhere but up
  10. How long i stay up depends on how much stuff I have just now im on day 6 debating weather to continue or not,?x

We can go nowhere but up _ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply()