An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

How long until my heads straight.

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by Enigmatic, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Enigmatic

Enigmatic Member

Hello I just posted this in the cannabis sub thread but it seems very inactive, (also I know this may seem silly to some of you as I can see some people are having trouble with some much worst substances than weed)

Hi guys I'm tom, I'm 22 and I'm very dependant on cannabis, it started off as a rebellious teen thing (13 years old), turned into a social thing (14), then turned into me smoking at home watching films (16), and now I'm fully dependant (about 17 to now), if I go without it i go crazy, however I lost my job yesterday because of cannabis and that was the wake up call, I'm done. Now whenever I smoke I get extremely paranoid and anxious and I'm the same when I'm not smoking now, just not as bad as when I am, it's made me so reclusive I can't answer the door to the postman most of the time, and if my phone rings forget about it, not answering lol. and I never see friends even though I'd love to. I've taken a few different types of medication for the anxeity and nothing works. The only thing left to try was giving up weed and now I'm doing that, I'm only 36 hours in and I'm just wondering how long until I stop going crazy at night time and can watch a movie without thinking I need weed to enjoy this, how long before I stop feeling so, i guess un-medicicated? Keep in mind this has been going for a very long time. Sorry if this was too long and thanks for reading.
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener