An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

How much do/did you smoke?

Discussion in 'Tobacco / Nicotine' started by sonia11, Jul 31, 2015.

1. sonia11

sonia11 Senior Contributor

I was just curious, how much do you smoke in a day? Or if you've quit, how much was average for you? Some of the people I know who smoke go through a pack a day, and some just have one cigarette on their lunch break and that's it.
  2. bsthebenster

bsthebenster Community Champion

It was about 25 smokes a day for me before I quit. XL smokes, if it makes a difference.
  3. movingforward1

movingforward1 Active Contributor

I probably smoke about 7 menthol cigarettes per day. I don't buy my own, so if hubby is low I don't smoke. I should just go ahead and quit.
  4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Community Champion

In the past I was smoking at least 10 cigarettes a day, sometimes even a pack. When I look back on it I feel really sad considering how much time and money I've spent trying to fulfill this bad, stupid addiction.
  5. eveliner

eveliner Senior Contributor

I still smoke. I'm currently at the pace of 15 cigarettes per day, and I've been lately afraid of the fact I will go to the pace of 20 cigarettes a day, which obviously amounts to 1 pack a day. I tried all the methods possible to quit, including cold turkey, gradual quitting, ecig... but none of these methods actually concluded something, to be honest.

I plan to quit smoking by the next year though. I have to. I've lately noticed bad health side effects, and I don't want them to further develop into unbearable ones.
  6. 6up

6up Community Champion

I used to smoke upto 6 cigarettes a day, when I am alone. But with friends, I could smoke countless cigarettes. I think that my friends influenced me into smoking more cigarettes. We never used to drink alcohol without smoking cigarettes.
  7. Lizel

Lizel Community Champion

I smoke about half of a pack daily, but I am trying to limit that into 5 cigarettes a day so 1/4 of a pack a day.
    amin021023 likes this.
  8. henry

henry Community Champion

I used to smoke about a pack a day, but I've cut it down to half a pack. Cutting down is a lot easier than quitting, so I just stuck with that. You just have to make your body adjust to the ammount of nicotine slowly. After that, your body doesn't ask for more than ten.
  9. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

I'm not the smoker, but fiance is. He says he smokes 5-6 cigarettes a day, but I suspect some days he smokes much more than just that. Isn't all bad, he used to smoke full packs before, so I consider this a good sign. I might get him into vaping soon, I hope it works!
  10. akko

akko Member

I use to smoke a pack a day easily. That was a few years ago before I decided to cut down. Nowadays, I only smoke about two to three cigarettes a day. Plan is to quit by next year completely though!
  11. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Community Champion

I used to smoke about 15 a day when I smoked. I would have my first one within the first hour of me waking up and then would continue on through the day. Now that they are about $9 a pack it was a very expensive habit to keep.
  12. amin021023

amin021023 Community Champion

I used to not care how many cigs I smoke, it could have gone as much as 30 cigs a day, but it's been a couple of months I have cut down to like 6-7 cigs a day... though my original plan was to smoke only two per day, but I couldn't hold on to that because I crave nicotine heavily when I'm high and a few high times in the last month ruined my plan to smoke only two a day...
  13. Lizel

Lizel Community Champion

I don't smoke 15 a day, but it's crazy how you wake up and you feel the need to lit up a cigarette.
    It's such an expensive habit, if you smoke a pack each day, then imagine how much money you need to have for it per month, per week.
  14. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Community Champion

I used to smoke about 7 cigarettes a day, but then I started to find other ways to relieve stress and I started to smoking less and less, until I smoked about 2 cigarettes a day, but I still felt guilty... And now you could say that I've quit, I only smoke occasionally... Approximately two cigarettes per month, and I'm very proud.
  15. GabinoTapia

GabinoTapia Active Contributor

I used to smoke about 5 cigarettes a day. Thankfully, I got help from my friends and family to stop. I can now see that smoking was an addiction to me. I knew I had to stop, but I just could not. It has been two years since I smoked and I am glad that I am a better person now.