An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

How Much Does Rehab Cost?

Discussion in 'Low Cost and Free Treatment' started by Waynefire, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Waynefire

Waynefire Member

I have seen a lot of people posting about the insurance or free programs. However, I have a completely different question and that is how much does rehab cost? The cost is man hours I know, but monetary and dedication as well. So how much does rehab truly cost?
  2. jeremy2

jeremy2 Community Champion

I think this will depend on a number of factors; Location, age, type drug involved, duration of addiction and medicine to be prescribed. Some developed countries offer free rehab to encourage addicts to come over while in less developed countries, the cost is shared through private/public partnerships.
    Shimus likes this.
  3. Shimus

Shimus Community Champion

It's based on my bolded statements from that quote. Depending on Location, Age, Drug and Duration of involvement in said drug. Some countries like the USA (where I live) offer many different programs and costs that range from 50 bucks to over 1,000, depending on the many conditions going into the rehab. There are some free ones around my area as well, and they're more a support-group than a rehab honestly, but they serve the purpose of separating you from any external influences and urges.
  4. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

It really depends on what, where and how. What sort of rehab are you referring to? Do you mean a private one or a rehab sponsored by the government? Where is this rehab located and do you have to spend for logistics? Lastly, how is the rehabilitation conducted? Although you don't have to spend much for public rehabilitation centers, you may have to allot some budget for the materials they'd use for the workshops.
  5. In my experience, I went to a hospital detox program for treatment during heavy withdrawals. Fortunately, I was under the age of twenty-six and still on my parents healthcare program. They had a decent health care plan and I was absolutely astonished when I received my bill in the mail weeks later. For three nights of in-patient detox, where I was under near-constant supervision of a registered nurse, my total bill was $100. I recommend checking your insurance plan. If you don't have insurance, I recommend getting a job that offers health insurance and immediately checking into detox/rehab as soon as your benefits kick in.
  6. JonnyMacdonald

JonnyMacdonald Community Champion

Costs are a very difficult thing to assess. Most programs do not disclose the rate upfront. You have to sit down with a salesperson to and they will (in my opinion) give you a custom rate. This rate is base on how much treatment you require, the level of accommodation you require and how much you can afford. The cost can very also on if you have insurance or not. Sometimes the cost you pay is actually not even the full cost as some places get funding based on occupancy so they will divert some of the cost to their donors.
    Actually I feel most medical care is costed out this way.
    Have you tired any community based programs? Your local church will probably have a free or cost-effective treatment option. In fact you should certainly stop in and chat with the church admin staff. They will be able to refer you to the best programs in your area. If you stop in on a Sunday you could take part in a service (if you don't already) and make some new friends.
  7. Shimus

Shimus Community Champion

Churches are a good option - if not for the programs themselves, they can generally help fundraise for you (rare) or help point you in the right direction as well. Even if you're not religious; don't fear the church. They really just want the best for you. I'm not religious in the least and the Father and I at my local Church are fast friends. He is really just an honestly nice guy; helped me find low cost rehabs for my friends and family.

Failing churches, you could also ask around at local meetings of AA (again, don't be turned away from AA meetings just because you assume "it's all about alcohol" - common misconceptions. Those meetings are just groups of like minded people working through issues. No different then a rehab in many senses. Failing even AA meetings, read your paper in your area (if you have one) for meetings of individuals that can help you out. Don't be sketched out about it; seek help actively and you'll find what you're seeking.