An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

How Old Were You The First Time You Tried Smoking?

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by hellonamesdana, Jan 8, 2015.

1. rightct

rightct Community Champion

I think I was around 15 years old. It was probably the most mesmerizing sensation I had ever felt in my life, but when I tried to take it the 2nd time, I didn't feel anything, not even that slight head buzz that lasted 3 minutes the first time, so from that point until today, I haven't taken marijuana anymore, only synthetic one, called "spice". I honestly didn't like either of them, and I don't advise you take it, not even if they were offered to you for free. :)
  2. XiaoDre

XiaoDre Active Contributor

I started smoking marijuana when I was 18. I hung around people my age, but I liked being around older kids more. They were the ones doing all of the drinking and smoking. I always knew that I was going to drink but I never thought in a million years that I would start smoking. I was addicted every since that day I tried it. Now that I am 29, I have officially stopped because I had a scare and I thought I was about to die.
  3. cmleasure

cmleasure Active Contributor

I was in 7th grade. My best friend and I stole some of her dad's weed and sat in the bathroom and smoked. Her dad was Iranian and we were convinced that was where the weed was from, but it was super swaggy stuff.. I don't know that I actually got high. But we went on the computer and "tripped out" over the visuals on windows media player for a few hours and laughed a lot. But I remember thinking I was probably making it up. I started smoking more and by high school, I was a regular several times a day smoker. I quit mostly by college.
  4. jeremy2

jeremy2 Community Champion

Am sorry about your condition. I just want you to know i support you through all this a 100% and if smoking pot will help ease the pain, then go ahead a smoke it. I wish you all the best.
  5. lgdg090596

lgdg090596 Senior Contributor

Good thing I haven't tried smoking, yet, and probably never will.
  6. diprod

diprod Active Contributor

I started late with it. I ain't addicted to it though. I was 27 when I first smoked weed. I can get by without smoking it for months.
  7. cmleasure

cmleasure Active Contributor

I was in 7th grade. I had a couple of friends that smoked, who I would get it from. We would also steal from a couple of our friends parents stashes. I knew from my health education classes about marijuana and other drugs and had decided upon learning about it that it was something that I wanted to try. In learning about all of the drugs, I decided at that young age which drugs I would try and which ones I wouldn't. I stuck to that, I am now 27 and I have had my fair share of drug experimentation, but there's still more drugs that I haven't tried and have no desire to.
  8. Nicholas

Nicholas Member

I was 16 when I first smoked, never got addicted to it and have been on and off it for years. My brother smokes full time and so does my step father, in fact most people I know at least do it some times.
  9. keekz38

keekz38 Member

The first time I tried it was when I was about 14 years old. My older sister and her friends were really into it and they use to let me hang around them. It's funny though because I never really experienced my first high until I was 20.
  10. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

I think most people would say that they started smoking weed in their early teens, mostly because that's the age that most people are susceptible to other influences.
  11. Rholm

Rholm Member

Edibles are used for medicinal purposes, correct. However they do not normally kick in more gradually, they have a delayed time to kick in, but the onset is very sudden and fast. It's all too common someone will eat an edible, not feel the effects of it, and then eat more and become far too high because of the delayed onset.
  12. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

It wasn't till I was probably in my early twenties that I even tried edible cannabis. Up until then it was always just smoked in joints.
  13. Domen

Domen Active Contributor

It was for my 18th birthday. It was a rough first experience because I got drunk before I tried pot. I ended up being high and drunk at the same time and it wasn't fun. Personally I think is okay in small amounts but for abusers it quickly turns downstream.
  14. katherine25

katherine25 Senior Contributor

The first time I tried I was 19 and it really screwed with my head. It made me feel sick and I was extremely paranoid of everything! It was a horrible feeling so I have never done it again since then.
  15. Femiluv

Femiluv Active Contributor

I smoked for the first time as a 23 year old recent college grad. Most of my friends are smokers so we smoked together which was pretty nice. I didn't really get high the first time, but I've tried it again a few times since then and I got high (and hungry lol).
  16. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Community Champion

I want to say I was around 16 when I first smoked weed. Most of my friends were smoking and so I decided to give it a try. I really did enjoy the high I got from it at the time and had fun snacking out on an assortment of hunk food. I gave it up when I was about 20 years old and got into the job market.
  17. felicitybebe

felicitybebe Member

When I first tried smoking marijuana I was only fourteen years old. I was at a bonfire with a few friends, and they were passing around a cigar while we told ghost stories. Even though I didn't recognize the new smell coming from the smoke they blew out I knew something wasn't right. They passed the cigar to me, and pressured me to take a puff from it. I did what I was asked, and for the next two years I was completely addicted to marijuana.
  18. Eileen100

Eileen100 Member

The first time I smoked pot I was 15yrs old. My friends had already been smoking for a while and I was the only one who had never smoked so I tried it. I was so high out of my mind I felt like my head was going to pop off, we were all sitting on the bed and I fell off. All of my friends were laughing, till this day we all sit back and laugh at my first time. What an experience I never tried it again until I was 22 yrs old after that. I felt at the time like I couldn’t handle drugs I’d better not try that again.
  19. trevermorgana

trevermorgana Active Contributor

I was 15 and I was desperate to hang out with my older friends. We ended up hanging out in a closed park for a while and that's when I had my first smoke. I remember being all scared and paranoid. Everyone kept laughing at me while I tried to control myself. All in all it was a fun night, its different now though. The times the times how they change.
  20. ZXD22

ZXD22 Senior Contributor

My first time was when I was about 15. I did it a couple times with some senior girls out in the woods by a couple basketball courts. I didn't really liked it so I've stopped and haven't tried it since. Not sure why people are addicted to it, to me its disgusting
    Personal preference I guess.