An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

How Old Were You The First Time You Tried Smoking?

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by hellonamesdana, Jan 8, 2015.

1. panda

panda Member

I was 15.
    My brother who's now in rehabilitation introduced me to it. He didn't force me, I just wanted to try it on my own and asked him.
    In my high school a lot of kids did it, but it didn't impact their grades as much as everyone's saying it does? Most of my friends smoked weed and they were honor roll kids.
  2. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

I think there are better ways if you are chronically ill. I just don't get the idea of mary j being something for medicinal use; easing pain or whatever. I just don't see the connection health wise. I think I was 16 or so. You will see other problems in your life, but you will not be able to relate it to using this. It is not worth it.
  3. ZXD22

ZXD22 Senior Contributor

I was about 15 when I first tried. I tried it with a couple of 17 year old girls who gave me a piece or two of it. After one or two times, I didnt really like how the taste was so I stopped there.
  4. sbatz72

sbatz72 Active Contributor

Well let me see. I was about 20 myself, I suppose. I took four hits off a marijuana cigarette. I am not sure why I did, I guess I felt like maybe it was a right of passage. I wanted to try it. I was already addicted to nicotine and thought I would give it a whirl.
    I tried it and got high, it was a strong and expensive batch. I went to my bedroom afterward and laid down. I felt like my soul was beginning to leave my body. However, I knew I was still alive, I had a heart beat, and I could sense this feeling of my soul leaving the Earth. I guess maybe this was supposed to be part of the high. However, I was not impressed by it.
    I woke up after a nap and realized this is not what I expected for my life. I decided never to smoke marijuana again. Still today, tobacco cigarettes and nicotine continue to be my drug of choice. I have been a recovering nicotine addict for more than one decade.