An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

How to Quit Using Heroin?

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by Lizel, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Rowe992

Rowe992 Senior Contributor

I think heroine addiction is one of the hardest to break and it will require professional help for the most part. Heroine addicts will find is very difficult to quit on their own especially if they don't have the strong mindset and the will to quit.
  2. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

Thank you for sharing those tips. Very relevant and helpful.

To sum it all up, quitting heroin is not as easy as it is. It's like a roller-coaster ride of emotions. It's pretty scary. Inspite of it all, recovery is definitely worth it.
  3. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

Interesting list and very smart. Seems someone has done their homework. Really the only threat I believe is self harm due to the stress of withdrawal. The physical and mental difficulties are tough to endure so being strong. Creating the safest environment.
    There are also natural alternatives to the prescriptions suggested. The scripts could obviously be habit forming, other side effects. Anxiety essential seems to come from not having the right amount of food and so forth. Drugs and medications, yes to an extent can cause, but if one really thinks around the time before it has more to do with nutrition.
    It would be good to read through this list too every other day to keep it all in mind. "own your body by exercising." This is true. Any kind of withdrawal can disconnect you from you body and fall into fatigue.
  4. Okaviator

Okaviator Senior Contributor

Thank you for this information. As a heroin addict I will be using your tips in the future as I try to battle my addiction.