An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

How to Wake up and Feel good about yourself

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by tasha, May 11, 2015.

1. bruloker

bruloker Member

I would add another morning walk-probezhatsya the forest and listen to nature, to drink spring water, but with a positive mood because the water - a good charge, therapeutic source
  2. bruloker

bruloker Member

I would add another morning walk-probezhatsya the forest and listen to nature, to drink spring water, but with a positive mood because the water - a good charge, therapeutic source.
    Sudarsan likes this.
  3. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

Tell that pesky inner voice that taking care of your emotional wellbeing is a great idea and a worthwhile use of money! Plus, it's a great excuse to go shopping for a cute notebook!
  4. tasha

tasha Community Listener Community Listener

You always find something positive if you look for it and once you get into the idea of having to look for positivity you will then see that it is harder to find negatives and the day will start or end on a positive note.
  5. tasha

That's is a very good idea! I think that staying away from electronics is great to give you some peace and let your mind rest. you are on the right track!
  6. tasha

YES an excuse to go shopping is a good one to have definitely.
  7. Megan S

Megan S Member

I feel you said the magic words "BELIEVE YOU ARE WORTHY!" Often past regrets hang in our memory trying to remind us we "can't" do many things we want to, so we focus on the negative, rather than the positive things in our lives. You can also draft a letter of where you want to be in 3 years and write it as though you have accomplished all your goals and read daily.

When you focus on the positive you start seeing more opportunities around you that have usually always been there, but you were so focused on the negative that escape routes for the avoidance of any issues were the only paths you saw.
  8. E.Mil

E.Mil Community Champion

This is a great way to start your day. I do like to begin my day and even throughout the day speak positive things over my life. This has truly helped me and keeps my mind focus on what is important. There are times when I don't feel like saying anything but I have to force myself when those hard times come around to continue to speak positively.
  9. serenity

serenity Community Champion

Good idea! The song of Destiny's Child, "Survivor" came to mind, and also "Stronger" by Kanye West. Looking for positive things to appreciate each day is a good idea, although for busy people it's not feasible. For people who have a lot of time on their hands, they can definitely do that for sure.
    CallipygianGamine likes this.
  10. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHome Community Champion

There's a song I listen to when I'm having trouble getting motivated and positive.
    It's Overcomer by Mandisa.
    I immediately thought of it and Survivor by Destiny's Child reading this. :)
  11. CallipygianGamine

CallipygianGamine Community Champion

Both good songs! They’re definitely on my anthem list. I’m also a huge fan of “Something Good Can Work” by Two Door Cinema Club.
  12. serenity

I've never heard of that band before, and it seems like they're an indie band. Kelly Clarkson's "What Doesn't Kill You" is also a good inspirational "survivor" song.
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  13. CallipygianGamine

Yeah, I have a bit of a thing for random indie bands. And I knew I was forgetting to mention a song! I honestly never thought I’d be a Kelly Clarkson fan but that song is just perfect. She’s got a lot of excellent post-breakup ones too, haha.
  14. serenity

I see. I don't usually discover new bands unless they get played on the radio, so I'm only familiar with mainstream bands. We forgot to pay homage to the "mother" of all survival songs, Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive"!
  15. CallipygianGamine

Ah yes, “I Will Survive” is a definite classic. I’ve busted it out on more than one karaoke night, and it always feels so awesome to sing.
  16. tasha

Great songs and a good idea! I think anyway to make your day feel good and to make you feel good about yourself is the way forward. Remember that you are a survivor and that you can achieve anything you want to now because you have already won a battle and the future is bright!!!
  17. Missfortune81

Missfortune81 Member

I have recently become a big fan of positive affirmations, especially when they are said first thing in the morning. It starts the day off on a positive note, boosts confidence, and puts you in a more positive state of mind. I like to read something inspirational and positive to kick off my day. I'm not judging anyone, but I don't understand how people can start their day watching the news, I personally find it very depressing. I like to keep up on current events, but I mainly just skim the papers and pick and choose what I need to know.
  18. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

Nice one! At the end of the day, it's all about focusing on the good things in your life and developing an optimistic mindset. There's so much to be thankful for. Rather than dwell on the negative, we should do what we can to make the most out of the people around us, our personal gifts and those that we already have. Happiness is most definitely a choice.