An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Huge anxiety attack

Discussion in 'Tobacco / Nicotine' started by Joethefirst, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Joethefirst

Joethefirst Community Champion

I have been thinking of stopping smoking but haven't gotten around to taking the final step. Cigarettes have become more and more expensive so a I bought these cigarillos they were really cheap. The first pack was ok so the next day I bought another pack. All I know is for the rest of the day I couldn't do anything else I had such an attack of anxiety that I couldn't focus on anything else.
    Initially I didn't know what it was, I didn't normally go through this, but after analyzing what I did different I realized that it was the cigarillos.
    Do you think the put something else into the cigarillos besides tobacco?
  2. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

Who knows what they put in there these days. You're really just smoking more tobacco. It could be you're body wanting oxygen. I don't think it's a good idea to go thru a pack cigarillos like cigarettes. You should give that up.
  3. Joethefirst

Thank you for your response, don't worry I'm never going to buy those again, you could be right, cigarillos don't have the amount of nicotine or tar written on the packet. Who knows what are in them.
  4. remnant

remnant Community Champion

Also, your discomfiture with smoking could also have caused the anxiety attack. That you merely switched to cigarillos may add to your guilt and helplessness. I experienced this reaction when I was a smoker.
  5. Joethefirst

That could be true, I am not happy that I am still smoking and it could be my body telling me to stop. I guess I must use this as motivation instead of seeing it in a negative light.