An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Hunger gone

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by Zimbitt, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Senior Contributor

Whenever I quit smoking after using constantly for a while my appetite is just completely destroyed, I could go a day or two with out eating or just a few random snacks and I would feel fine. Anyone else get this?
    Edit: Whoops wrong place, didnt mean to put this here and now I have no idea how to delete it -.-
  2. rightct

rightct Community Champion

Haha, no problem. I will answer this anyway.
    I think that it's just a matter of your body passing through a period of not wanting anything else besides that cig smoke. It's normal. I felt the same thing, though for me it lasted 1 week and a half. In that time, try to eat and see if the appetite comes upon eating something. It's the best you can do. Else, wait it out, but don't starve.
  3. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

It's just the bodys reaction to the changes and happens to many people. Not everyone immediately starts binge eating as soon as they quit. Look at it as a signal that the nicotine is leaving your body.
  4. Rex

Rex Community Champion

With any sudden change to what your are putting into your body eg tobacco you will fell side effects.
    Haha dont worry about it though, its completly normal
  5. Emerson_B

Emerson_B Active Contributor

Hmmmm.... That's weird, Its the reverse for me. When I quit, I resorted to snacking a lot just to remove the craving. The feel of something like a lollipop in my mouth or a candy bar would substitute to the feel of a cigarette on my lips. I gained a lot of weight until I was able to kick the habit and got into mountain biking again.
  6. harold

harold Community Champion

That might just be the sight effects. People who resolve to quit feel different sight effects. From the testimonies I get, yours is a little different. Many people usually take in other healthy things to replace the urge to take tobacco. It is absolutely normal and would take time for you to adapt to the new system. Maybe along the line, you might even develop a different altitude--that is when you are totally out of the addiction and feeling normal again. I wish you well on this honorable journey.
  7. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

Probably that's just your body system's reaction. It could be some sort of a withdrawal symptom, but that's just okay. It's totally normal and once your craving for cigarettes has gone, you'll absolutely do fine.