An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Hurting for my family

Discussion in 'Other Substances' started by Brokenwings, Nov 24, 2015.

1. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Community Champion

@Brokenwings Hello and welcome to this forum! I am sorry to hear that is happening to your younger sister. Sometimes it is really painful to see a love one or a family member is struggling from something and you still do not know what to do in order to help them. Just always be on her side and try to support her to fight his addiction. She is still young and she needs your care and love during this struggling time in her life. Just keep on praying that everything will gonna be okay for your younger sister and for your whole family.
  2. lost247

lost247 Active Contributor

I am so sorry that your family is going through this. Your sister is so young, hoping that whatever the issues she's having that led her down this path are able to be addressed and she can get the help she needs. Sending light and strength to you and your family, and your sister!
  3. MrsJones

MrsJones Community Listener Community Listener

Hello @Brokenwings. How heartbroken you and your family must be feeling with this discovery. I can only agree with what others have said with regard to seeking professional help for your sister immediately.

I pray that there has been some positive events that have occurred since your OP.
  4. Momma9

Momma9 Community Champion

Huffing is extremely dangerous. Please tell someone and get her help! And let us know how you and she are doing! We are here whenever you feel you need support @Brokenwings !
  5. Coolkidhere

Coolkidhere Community Champion

Aw, I'm so sorry for what you and your family are going through. I hope you can consider counselling for your little sister. Maybe she has some issues or problems that made her resort to huffing paint. Maybe a counsellor can get that information from her as well. She's very young so it's essential that early intervention is done. This could save her from future predicaments.

I think your whole family might need some type of intervention as well. This is a difficult time for all of you and you would need some help to cope as well. And although it feels painful, know that your little sister didn't mean for this to happen at all. She needs more love and care now more than ever.
  6. Deeishere

Deeishere Active Contributor

Giving you a ((((((Cyber Hug)))))) Brokenwings. My heart goes out for you and I feel sad right along with you. I know how it is to have family members on substances that is harmful. I have not heard of kids using this type, but I do feel for you. I was wondering when I was reading this is she doing this because of peer pressure. You said she is 16 so I imagine she is still in high school. To fit in, kids will do what other kids do to feel cool. She is so very young and may feel like nothing bad can happen to her body. I would do as much research on this huffing gold paint and present it to her. I also hope you can get her into some type of place where she can talk with others who have been through this. My prayers go out to you and to your sister.
  7. MrsJones

MrsJones Community Listener Community Listener

@Brokenwings, just wondering how the situation is. Hope to hear from you.
    Momma9 and deanokat like this.