An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Husband issues

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by Foreverchanged, Oct 22, 2017.

1. This post is regarding my husband.

I noticed he had $200 in his wallet on Monday. Come Wednesday when we we
    re out to dinner I aaked if he had money for a tip. I prefer to give tips to waitresses because it benefits them moreso. Anyways he only had a few dollars. I asked him where the money went and he did not tell me. I had to dig for about 3 minutes. After he told me I was shocked. He said he contacted someone regarding taking pills to mellow him out. I just could not believe it. He is not like this. Never did I see this happening in the 10 years with him. I wanted to take our children and go to my parents. It is not safe being with someone who takes pills in front of children younger than 5!

I talk to him and get more information. He said he was getting information from someone at work. Someone gave him a contact number to call. He would call that number and would meet that person somewhere. He has been doing this randomly for the last four months. It is not weekly just when he is stressed out at work. He has spent 2k on these pills. I am beyond heartbroken and I am just not sure what to think.

Some people tell me I cannot trust him and that he is putting my life and my childrens lives in danger.

He said he can stop at anytime and is relieved I found out. Not sure what to do. Never dealt with this in my life. We will be talking to someone this week. He does not mind talking to someone. He even said if I want him to check himself in that he would go. He said he is not as bad as the people who do have those addictions.

Please help.

Does he sound like an addict?
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Foreverchanged... Welcome and thanks for sharing with us. I'm sorry you're having to deal with your husband's issue. Is he an addict? It's hard to say at this point, but spending thousands of dollars to obtain pills illegally is definitely not a good sign.

I'm glad to hear that the two of you will be talking to someone this week. Maybe they can give you some better insight on your husband's situation, and whether or not your husband should seek treatment.

Having your husband take pills that aren't prescribed for him is dangerous, not only for him but for you and your children, too. He could also endanger others if he were to drive a car while under the influence and get into an accident. There are also potential financial and legal repercussions, too. So getting him the help he needs is super important.

I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers. And I'm sending you lots of positive energy and hope.
    Lostboy8731 likes this.
  3. Lostboy8731

Lostboy8731 Community Champion

@deanokat your completely right and aside from the money issue there's the fact that he's clearly in deneil about the severity of this situation on you amd you family. Major sign of an addict is minimizing the seriousness of the matter at hand. Hope things work out and he gets better best wishes and prayers your way @Foreverchanged
    True concern and deanokat like this.