An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

I almost lost it all!

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Babez Sharbono, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Hello, my name is Stephenie and I am a recovered addict. I was addicted to one of the worst drugs in the world, meth. Luckily, I made it back to sobriety before it was too late. I had lost my nice home, my husband lost his job, we lost our car, a bunch of our stuff was stolen and most of all, we almost lost eachother! All because of this horrible drug, my life was a downward spiral.We were blessed to have people that love both of us and cared enough to help us up out of the gutter, literally. Don't be afraid to ask for help before its too late and someday life will be a whole lot brighter. It will always get just a bit darker before the light so don't give up.
    amethyst and deanokat like this.
  2. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

Babez Sharbono, you almost lost it all, but you didn't and I am delighted to hear your story of finding light out of a very dark situation. I don't personally know of anyone who's been affected by meth, but from everything I have learned here, being able to put that drug behind you is no easy task.
    I am glad you had supportive people around you who loved you enough to do what was required to save you and your family. Welcome Babez. You have found another lighted room right here in this community.
  3. harold

harold Community Champion

I am glad for you. Thank you for sharing your story with us. I am glad that you humbled yourself and took responsibility over your life and effected the desired and valuable changes. You are right. Don't be afraid to ask for help. We all need to humble ourselves at the right time and seek the desired help. You did the right thing and I am proud of your decisions. You are going to be roll a model for people who are carried away in their own addictions and want to change. Your advice to them will be very valuable to them. The fact that one is going down the drain does not mean that it is the end of the person's life. We can always come out of anything if we determine to do so. God has given us the ability to overcome the world as long as we abide in him. Again, I am glad for you, and I thank you for sharing your story here. I wish you brighter days in future.
  4. Hyperion

Hyperion Active Contributor

Meth seems to absolutely wreak havoc in people's lives. You can see the affects on many people in the Western part of the United States. It is nasty business, and it sounds like you found that out. I am glad to hear you are recovering and did not lose your husband.
  5. L_B

L_B Community Champion

Hi and welcome to the group. Thank you for sharing your story. I am glad that you have gotten your life together and that you are in a much better place then you were. You are proof that people can get through their addictions and come out on the other side. You have a bright future ahead of you. I am glad you had all the love and support you needed to get to the place you are today. Congratulations!
  6. Jamesbonner

Jamesbonner Active Contributor

Hi Stephenie, I'm really sorry for your lost, but I'm really happy for you because you was able to ask for help and to fix your life, your story shows that it will never be too late to ask for help ! thank you and welcome here with us in the forums :)
  7. amethyst

amethyst Community Champion

Hi Stephenie, you pulled together in the end, and that's all that counts now. I am always happy to hear life stories where people overcame all odds and made it in the end. They are the best stories. And people like you and your husband have a lot to give to those who are struggling with similar issues. You give other addicts and recovering addicts them new hope and inspiration by sharing your personal experiences with them.
  8. whitenoise

whitenoise Senior Contributor

I'm glad you have found friends that took care of you because this means you have a really good friends if they did this for you. Keep them close to you because friends like this are really rare to find. By the way I wish you good luck about the future with you and your husband.
  9. kylerlittle

kylerlittle Community Champion

It's a good warning to those who are losing it but don't realize yet because it is very important and it is very lucky to come to a point where you realize you were so close to losing it but you've repented and been pulled back.
    deanokat likes this.
  10. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Community Champion

For every darkness there will always be light to give new meaning into our life. After your struggles in life and even if you had lose everything you had in your life like your love one, family, friends, your nice house, your car, your money and all your possessions don't despair for on the brighter side of life our love ones and family will always be there for us. A family will always be a family no matter what happened to help us to start over again our new life. It is a good thing you had those people who had helped and cared for you and all the best of luck to you!