An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

I am backkk!

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Nikkishea21, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Nikkishea21

Nikkishea21 Active Contributor

Hey guys I am back after a few months of being away and spending time with my bundle of joy. Yes, I had a baby, a baby boy Zachary Anthony and I am loving him to utmost. He is such a cutie pie at 5 months now and I am enjoying my time with.

It was a really challenging period leading up to his birth and my stress level was on the roof. It was just us two from the moment I learnt of his existence and I held on as best as I could for his sake but it was really rough. I am really happy to have held on through it all and focused on him, it was well worth it.
    bhu, Mara, xTinx and 4 others like this.
  2. MrsJones

MrsJones Community Listener Community Listener

Congratulations @Nikkishea21 to your new addition and welcome back.
  3. kgord

kgord Community Champion

Nice to have you back again Nikkishea. A baby is a blessing, even though sometimes they don't seem like it! I am glad you were able to rejoin us again. The more the merrier, and it is always good to have additional feedback. It is wayyy cool.
  4. Belovedad

Belovedad Active Contributor

Welcome back and congratulations. I hope he turns out to be a respectable young man.
  5. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Community Champion

Congratulations for your baby! I'm pretty sure that you'll be a great mother. It's also great to hear that you knew how to handle the stress during that period of time, keep it up, girl!
  6. ZXD22

ZXD22 Senior Contributor

Welcome back again and congrats Nikkishea!
  7. puneeth8994

puneeth8994 Active Contributor

welcome back and congratulations on the new addition :D
    It's nice to see that you came over your stress.
  8. rajesh

rajesh Senior Contributor

Congratulation! Nick. I am very happy that your journey of problems and stress has ended. Just spend some happy and joyfull time with you kid. Good Luck. :)
  9. L_B

L_B Community Champion

Welcome back and congratulations on your new bundle of joy! All the best to you and your new wonderful life as a mommy!
  10. Momma9

Momma9 Community Champion

Congrats @Nikkishea21 ! Having my first child is what motivated to clean up my act. I stopped drinking, smoking, and drugs. Having a baby sure can be stressful, especially with addiction issues. I am glad you have made it through to the other side and are enjoying motherhood!

You will hear this a lot and not understand until later, but enjoy that baby while you can! They grow up sooooo fast! My oldest is now 26 and it seems like he was just born yesterday. So glad you are back and doing well. :)
    bhu likes this.
  11. serenity

serenity Community Champion

Congrats on your bouncing baby boy, and we are glad to have you back here in the forum! :)
  12. SashaS

SashaS Community Champion

Congratulations, may he grow up to be a successful young man. Its great to see more people join or come back to the forum, the more active and supportive the community is, the better it is for those who need help.
  13. darkrebelchild

darkrebelchild Community Champion

Welcome Back @Nikkishea21 you must be a tough lady to have handled it all on your own. I'm sure you are a very luck mother to have a bouncing baby boy.
    Enjoy your special moments before little Zachary Anthony begins to crawl and run all over the place.
  14. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Welcome back, @Nikkishea21! And congrats on the birth of your son! That's so awesome! I'm really happy to hear that you're doing well and made it through the challenging times. Keep doing the next right thing! :)
  15. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Community Champion

@Nikkishea21 Hello and welcome back to the forum! Congratulations for giving birth to a cutie baby boy. A child is the greatest blessing a woman can have in her life. That is why take care and love him more than your life. While he is still young spend all the best times with him because when he grow up to be an adult he will have his own life already. Even though the role of a mother is so challenging but it is happiness that will make your life complete. All the best to you and to your son! :)
  16. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

Welcome back. I rejoice with you and your bundle of joy. It takes strength to wear both hats as a parents but the rewards will be worth it. I pray that you find the strength to be the best parent you can be for Zachary.
  17. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

Welcome back and congratulations on your new baby. You would no doubt make a great mother. I wish you well as you embark on your new role and pour your heart and soul into raising and loving your son. May he inspire you to be better than ever and may he also grow up to be a kind and caring person just like his mother. All the best!
    deanokat likes this.
  18. Mara

Mara Community Champion

Congratulations on your new baby and welcome back to the forum. Being a mom is not easy but all your efforts and all those sleepless nights will be worth it. :D
  19. bhu

bhu Active Contributor

Welcome back and congratulations, @Nikkishea21! And welcome, Zachary Anthony! I applaud you for standing firm in your resolve to not use during your pregnancy despite the stress, which is always more for single moms. The great thing about great recovery groups like this and the 12 step groups is that the door is always open to keep coming back, no matter how long it's been or why. Consider looking into AlaTot, a kids group supported by AlAnon, for families and friends of alcoholics (and addicts, because the two often go hand in hand). That group will give your son the supportive recovery space he needs as the child of a recovery mom. He'll eventually grow into AlaTeen then AlAnon, so he can enjoy a whole lifetime of support from his own recovery community, which is important, since addiction to any substance is a family disease. Meanwhile, I know you're living recovery in your home with him, and that's awesome! :) <3 Keep coming back.
    deanokat likes this.
  20. tgthewriter1

tgthewriter1 Member

Congratulations on having a kid. I thought about having a kid but I’m not ready yet. I want you to take care of that kid. No matter what happens in life you must take care of that kid. I wish you luck with your new adult task.