An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

I am Bipolar and an Alcoholic

Discussion in 'Dual-Diagnosis Treatment' started by jeremy2092, Apr 30, 2015.

1. jeremy2092

jeremy2092 Member

I am in treatment for both Bipolar and Alcoholism. I go to NAMI and AA and I have been sober for two months. Do you guys have any tips on what to read or blogs that I can go to that will be inspirational for my specific illnesses?
    Joseph likes this.
  2. unique

unique Member

3. Bonzer

Bonzer Community Champion

I'm glad you have been sober for 2 months. I recommend you to go to Mayo Clinic's website for Bipolar disorder and even alcoholism. It is one of the most authentic websites around.
  4. unique

unique Member

This link is good for people who have dual symptoms of alcoholism and bipolar behavior. Www. dual diognosis
  5. kana_marie

kana_marie Community Champion

I'm the same, except I'm just over 3 years clean. My suggestion would be to start your own journal. Even if you don't want anyone to ever read it, you should still write it. You'd be amazed at the insights you could give yourself.
  6. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

Good for you. Blogs? I'll give you the best thing you can read and do. Detox, exercise, eat clean real foods, lots of water, and get some hobbies. Lifting weights and running or walking is great. You need the endorphin rush that will give you focus and makes you feel good.
    Bipolar is just a label. Psychiatry has no substancial tests for this. It's all guess work. Experiments with drugs for something that the rest of the medical industry knows there is no validity to. Watch the documentary "making a killing" about the industry. Be careful and keep it simple.
  7. pstrong1969

pstrong1969 Community Champion

I am an alcoholic and drug addict with Bi-Polar. Tough road. I do know all co-occuring disorders need to be treated at the same time, otherwise they battle each other. Meds are important. Without them i would have already relapsed.
  8. daosasoriza

daosasoriza Member