An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

I can't stop drinking even for a day suddenly

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by coloradodanimal, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Hi, I'm 31 and Male and I've suddenly found myself incapable of going without alcohol for a morning let alone a day. I not long ago could will my way to a couple of alcohol free days but now I'm tempted by my audio hallucinations to drink every morning and all day. I try to moderate with a breathalyzer and it helps but isn't a perfect cure. I've done AA in the past for several years until I began drinking last summer when my roommate at the time abused our sober living agreement. I've had a decent year but my red flag of dependency is going off at this point and I could use some advice.
  2. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Stupidity Exists - Fact.

i replied in another post you wrote. check out my response there. im a 31 year old alcoholic addict as well. i do have some clean time under my belt but check out what i wrote. it's something to think about for sure.
    and about thoe audible hallucinations, yeah they are horrible.
    deanokat and Dominica like this.
  3. timi0000

timi0000 Member

Colorado, let me share with you what allowed me to quit my addiction:

Turning my life over to my Higher Power was the first thing I did that gave me the power to quit my addiction. I would say "God come into my life; I give my life to thee; I need you in my life, God". I don't attempt to explain how this helped me, it just did.

Taking the actions of love toward other people really helped me too. Start treating the people around you with more love. Do more loving things for them. Start helping people. When I did this, the addiction just melted away over time.

I cannot recommend enough that you go back to your AA group and attend meetings regularly. They say that no one can experience addiction recovery alone.
  4. you need to rehab center
    Luxury Rehab Finder provides you a comprehensive list of luxury drug and alcohol rehab centers in India. See reviews, contact info, and everything you need to find help for addiction. Luxury Rehab Finder is India's one of the best sites of drug & alcohol addiction recovery rehab centers. We will help you to find the best place for drug and addiction centers by state, city, or program in India.
  5. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Community Champion

Coloradodanima writes >>>I've done AA in the past for several years until I began drinking last summer when my roommate at the time abused our sober living agreement.<<<

As with you, I’ve heard 100’s say that they’ve done AA and almost invariably they’re referencing AA meetings. AA meetings are not the Alcoholics Anonymous suggested program of recovery, it’s the 12 Steps, which is examining myself and no one else. When I’d placed the circumstances for my relapse based on others behavior, I was playing the victim. When I stopped playing the victim role by blaming others and focused only on myself, I began my road to recovery.
    Davers likes this.