An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

I did a shot just now, heres why

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by Joshstillclean, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Stupidity Exists - Fact.

I really did. I have been trying to get a hold of me and my newfound Ritalin dependency. Well I don't condone what I do or did but I'm down to 25mgs a day. Down from 120.
    So yeah i did. I live on property connected to my parents property. Together it's 120 something acres of land and I am not going to be able to keep up with all of it. So my sister and I are going to sell most of the un farmed part. We decided to go to the back 20 that we have not been to since we were kids. Well we were looking for a tree that we carved something in and neither of us remembered what we carved. We found the tree and it said my birthday 22years ago we picked plums.
    ...on our adventure I had to stop and catch my breath... I caught covid and am wearing a mask. We heard a noisy splash and it was consistent...upon her return she told me she found a spring. And she did! So cool!
    On the tree it also big b little s best friends. We reconnected today in a way like when i was just eight years old.
    That shot was half of today's dose.
    Im worn down. Ive been depressed. I told her yesterday I feel like 1 acre or a 1000 i am in prison...my son has to stay with his mom and he calls me wanting to come home. I cry daily.
    But today i found that the old joy i i seek through a needle isn't out of reach without one.
    Few more days till I get to an oral dose and stop. But I figured I'd share this with anyone else who feels alone today.
    I remembered life without drugs. That made me cry too. Happily.
  2. Joshstillclean

Not saying that I have another half to go today but I meant that I didn't do the other half because honestly that was the half that would have gotten me so called happy. Half for dependency half for happy...
    No, I meant today I realized that I didn't need that fake happy.
    Honestly I thought it was gone for good. Concerned about the virus but that's the least of my worries. I know that it will go away, might get rough but I have been through worse.
    But to experience genuine child like joy even now was something that I have to share. That's what I was getting at in case anyone thinks that was a high post. @True concern my friend this virus isn't something to freak out over. So far its not so bad. Flu like. You can detox methadone you got this kicked. I don't have neumonia yet that's why I with my sister, she was bringing me stuff to help stop it. I have upper bronchitis and fighting a fever but that's all.
  3. True concern

True concern Moderator

I love you brother and their is happiness without substances, in fact that's the only way to have happiness.How long was your covid-19 incubation period?I'm still in mine
  4. Joshstillclean

Weak mabey? Three folks in family work in hospital so i am constantly around someone who has been exposed. One of them had a cold that turned out to test positive for the virus. A week or so and they were back as good as can be. Im not worried I have seen people who have it be sent home while having lunch with my mom...
    Around one of the main hospital here alot...so yeah I'm positive its its deadly just like the flu. Im also positive its just like the flu in that you can get it and be okay with self care. Im praying bro. Im still operating equipment and I have it. But there is the fever thing I noticed that the fever can spike so fast that you need to be having acetaminophen on you for sure. Stay hydrated.
    My sister told me i need to pee every hour i started alternating Gatorade and water and yeah im sloshing but I feel better. You'll be ok.
  5. True concern

True concern Moderator

The hospital told me 5-7 days to incubate then if contracted it would be another 14-20days actually fighting it.Today is day 6 of the first phase as as I've told you just fever up and down,and I feel like I been hit with bricks all night in the ribs,chest,back...Also extremely tired yet can't sleep honestly because I'm worried so maybe 45-90mins of sleep a day lately but I have been wearing a mask 24-7 even while I sleep because I can't risk my parents getting it and it gets hard to breath through the mask when it never comes off
  6. Joshstillclean

I know! The damned mask,. It freaking makes you think that your gonna suffocate!
  7. True concern

True concern Moderator

I still have the mask on but my symptoms seem to be progressing,I am having a very hard time seeing,like my eyes are just full of drainage from my tear ducts,my throat is so sore and my voice is nearly gone..Also I can't hardly stay awake when I try and I can't sleep when I try...those two seem to be backwards and no matter what I try they stay backwards.. It's kind of a unique,very different way of not feeling well.
  8. Joshstillclean

Feel the same way bro. We're going to be alright. Hard to breathe, yeah, same
    True concern likes this.
  9. True concern

True concern Moderator

Fever been spiking a bit lately as well but I think I will overcome
    Joshstillclean likes this.
  10. Joshstillclean

Worry raises heart rate and make you shorter of breath
  11. Joshstillclean

You will