An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

I didn't see it coming

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by Winterybella, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

Of that I am very certain. I can write a book on people in seemingly stable homes christian and non christian who have become addicted to drugs. The fact of the matter is that we often do not see the addiction coming for whatever reason.
  2. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

3. morgoodie

morgoodie Senior Contributor

I think a lot of times the people closest to the addict do not "see it coming" because they are too close to the situation. The old saying "you can't see the forest for the trees" comes to mind when I think of your situation. Most times, you would might have to be specifically looking for signs of addiction in order to be aware of them in someone who is close to you. If it does not occur to you that someone could be addicted to something then you probably are not going to see it. I think that it is great that you are trying to help them and are trying to find out more about their addiction and what to do for them. It shows how much you love your family and how important their health is to you. I hope that you find the answers you are looking for and I wish you the best.