An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

I have a suggestion to heal the country

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by True concern, Jun 2, 2020.

1. True concern

True concern Moderator

So I just saw a disturbing statistic.Only 36% of African Americans trust the police..Very unfortunate and I hear the left,right,middle..everyone offering advice to fix this and gain the trust of the African American population but not 1 good point or suggestion from any of them.I have an idea that may work.How about someone point out that in places like Oakland and Chicago largely African American communities very very little is done to stop the violence, very little is done to to end the black on black violence and murder rates.So here's my idea to gain their trust!INVEST IN TIME,RESOURCES,AND A RESPECTFUL INCREASE IN FEDERAL POLICE ASSISTANCE AND FIX THOSE COMMUNITIES FIRST!!My thinking is if you PROVE you care in those cities FIRST it may make headlines, perhaps give them incentive to believe you have their best interest in mind.The rate at which we decline into nothingness is scary and scared people or any living thing if scared long enough will lash out and express their fear through violence as fear becomes pure torture after a certain amount of time and can not be accepted forever once a person feels they have nothing to lose.IF YOU WANT THEIR TRUST START BY FIXING THESE 2 CITIES,STOP THE DAILY MASS HOMICIDES AND GIVE THEM A REASON TO TRUST IN YOU!!!!BTW.I THINK IT'S INCREDIBLY SAD THAT THESE CITIES HAVE NOT BEEN FIXED ALREADY,IT MAKES IT CLEAR TO ME YET AGAIN WHY I WON'T SAY I'M DEMOCRAT,REPUBLICAN, LEFT,RIGHT...IM NOT A LABEL AND NEITHER ARE THEY,WE ARE NOTHING MORE THAN AMERICANS SO IF YOU LOVE THIS COUNTRY ALL PEOPLE BORN HERE DESERVE EQUAL TREATMENT PERIOD!!!