An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

I like to drink

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by primalclaws1974, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

I am still of the opinion that this could be problematic. My previous response aside, it would be good to know how @primalclaws1974 is doing. I just realised this conversation started in 2014? I hope all is well.
  2. rajesh

rajesh Senior Contributor

Well, nothing wrong can happen if you drink it in moderate amount. You should drink it in moderate amount if you drink it excessively. You said you drink regularly? Right? That 'can' become a problem in your future. I would not recommend your entire earning on alcohol. As I said, moderation can prevent any type of problem in future.
  3. peetbernadis

peetbernadis Active Contributor

The question in this case would be more like, "How's all that drinking eventually gonna affect your health". At least you seem to be able to handle yourself quite comfortably, but yes, please look out for your health...even if you have to go for a regular check-up every now and then.
  4. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Active Contributor

I personally think that as long as you consider that you're not becoming an adict is all right, because the trouble comes when you consider that you're falling in that big hole and you're somehow helping yourself in, you should also try to control yourself and try not to drink that much, at least not to get drunk once a week, that is what I think about it though.
  5. peetbernadis

I'm not using alcohol anymore and all I do is just think about how sick and miserable I felt after a bout of heavy drinking. Just that thought makes me shy away.
  6. explorerx7

explorerx7 Senior Contributor

You are playing a dangerous game. You are able to cope well and display acceptable behaviour when you drink and that's good. The bad part, however, is that that constant level of alcohol consumption could be damaging to you internally, especially your liver. I suggest that you should go to get a check up on your vital organs to ascertain if you have been negatively affected by the prolonged alcohol intake.
  7. peetbernadis

I like to drink too, especially when it's hot...but only icy cold water...and not on the rocks
  8. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Senior Contributor

As long as you have all of your other things in your life in order, it's difficult to say that you are doing anything wrong. If it starts effecting your family and job life, then it becomes an issue. The only thing I would say is that drinking that much on a weekly basis is terrible for your health.
  9. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Senior Contributor

The health part is the only real issue here, especially in a situation where the rest of their life is fine. Getting drunk on a weekly basis is certainly awful for you liver and body. That may cause some real health issues in the future that can result in costly health bills.
  10. peetbernadis

It feels so good getting up in the morning feeling totally rested and raring to go. No bad taste in your mouth....no splitting headache that makes you feel like a bear with a sore tooth...no nothing. Just a happy-to-be-alive-feeling of wellbeing!
  11. detoxgui

detoxgui Member

Well, everyone sees it differently. Even if it was not harmful to you, it could harm you if you drink alcohol in excess amount. You should drink it moderately. It's great that alcohol has not caused any problem in your life for decades but be careful. Drinking it in moderate amount may not harm but don't drink it excessively.
  12. puneeth8994

puneeth8994 Active Contributor

I don't see a problem personally but eventually your body might show symptoms which is when you'll have to cut down on things. Don't you think that you are drinking a bit too much? Why not reduce it down a notch.
  13. djolem

djolem Senior Contributor

If you do not get drunk to often it can be a mild addiction that if you are able to control you will be just fine although it is definitely not good for your liver and pancreas. Once a week is still a lot and I do not know what kind of life do you have, do you have a family or not, but it can be frustrating for those around you. I have a saying about this condition when I joke about this and it sounds funny in Serbian. Basically, they say I have problems with alcohol. I really do not have any problems with alcohol, I like alcohol. I have problems with my job. I hate my job.
  14. thszwht1

thszwht1 Member

Just liking something is not an addiction but try to control the usage of it.
    deanokat likes this.