An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

I loved my rehab

Discussion in 'Share Your Rehab Experience' started by DaniMiranda, Oct 29, 2014.

1. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiers Senior Contributor

I'm happy to hear a story about someone who had such a positive treatment experience. It is always great when people share good stories because it gives addicts hope about what is out there for them, especially if they have already had a negative treatment experience... some therapy programs just don't work for everyone but as long as you are willing to put in the work, there is a program out there for you.
  2. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiers Senior Contributor

So glad to hear you got the help you needed! I hope that it made a positive impact on your life and that you are now a happier, healthier and more stable person. Try sharing your story with others in need I'm sure that it will be a light of hope and encouragement to those looking to have the same success as you.
  3. Nate5

Nate5 Active Contributor

I'm really glad that you found it to be a relatively pleasant experience! I guess most people don't want to be treated like patients, and just normal people who happen to be going through a rough patch. It's great that you found things to remind you of happier times, and I hope that this type of rehabilitation facility sets the standard for others.
  4. jeremy2

jeremy2 Community Champion

I hope that you achieved your goal when you enrolled for rehab and that you came out a better,reformed person than when you first stepped into the rehab.It's good to know that you enjoyed your rehab as one has to have a positive mentality in the first place.
  5. Nergaahl

Nergaahl Community Champion

That's nice to hear. Stories like this would encourage drug addicts to quit and go to rehab. I congratulate you on this decision and achievement! Stay strong, and may you live a happy and clean life.
  6. joshua minaya

joshua minaya Active Contributor

I am glad you had a positive experience from your rehab because there are those that have gone through similar personal ordeal but they dont have the same kind of success story as you
  7. pintbean

pintbean Active Contributor

Wow, it is so nice to hear that you felt that it was a good place for you. I can only imagine how hard it could be for some people in different rehab atmospheres. I hope that everyone that needs help can find themselves into a rehab center that makes them feel good.
  8. angel_lou

angel_lou Active Contributor

I think they come to see it as their 'safe place'. A place where you get praised for doing well. You don't get that on the outside. Some people just need some looking after. Temptation is well out of the way aswell.
  9. angel_lou

angel_lou Active Contributor

Im in UK and we dont really get rehab centres that you can just check into. Maybe theres a couple of big private ones that no one like me could ever afford. Anyway, what do you do with your kids while you're in rehab? Saying that, I would go like a shot given the chance.
  10. hellonamesdana

hellonamesdana Senior Contributor

Sometimes I take the time to look up inpatient treatment places to send my mother for her alcohol, but I know that even if I find one that we can afford or that will be covered under her health insurance or something like that, it's not going to help because she's not going to go under absolutely any circumstances. She had court mandated outpatient treatment for about six months, which she would go to once in a while basically when she felt like it, but apparently they "kicked her out" so to speak, at least according to her, because you're only allowed to apparently use the treatment for a certain amount of time.
  11. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

I think that the homeliness of rehab was the key to its success. Many places, especially those attached to hospitals, have an institutional feel to them and are in no way representative of the real world. This can't prepare patients for discharge very well.
  12. Mackmax

Mackmax Active Contributor

That's amazing! I'm so glad you had a positive experience. I know that many people feel uncomfortable going to rehab centers because they feel like they're too odd or asylum-like, and feel like the people are fake or hard to connect with. I'm glad that there are rehabs that are very comfortable and warm and are a community. I think it's very important to feel as comfortable as you can when you go to rehab, and that this can play a huge role into someone's success there.
  13. I am glad to hear you had a good experience at Rehab. I have a cousin who went to rehab several times. It never seemed to help him. He did not seem to mind being in rehab. I think his experience was similar to yours in the atmosphere. But for him, it never quite "stuck."
  14. Abo Nights

Abo Nights Member

I feel that you're satisfied with your progress and past rehab-process and am glad that you're doing great now. You named some fairly nice aspects of your rehab, but what did you think was the best of it all?
  15. ryan0039

ryan0039 Active Contributor

I'm so glad you found a place that worked for you. I had a very nice time at the inpatient programs I've taken part of (except one but that's too long a story to bother with) and people are usually very skeptical that I didn't have a hellish time there. I know what you mean about the high school cafeteria, the place I went to had something very similar to that :)
  16. elles-belles

elles-belles Community Champion

Sounds like you had an awesome recovery experience there! I am happy for you, it's always great when you hear people commend rehabilitation centers. It's also very motivational!
  17. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

I felt like reading happy stories tonight and I came here and found yours. I am happy to hear you had a good experience. I have heard mix reviews about rehab as I am sure you have. I am glad you found people who were welcoming and supportive. Maybe your experience might help someone here who might be sitting on the fence.

Continue to do well.
  18. matt1rl

matt1rl Member

I am glad to hear that you had a good experience with your rehab! To many times you hear about people having failed, or having had to try multiple programs. You are a very lucky person for having this great experience on your recovery highway! There is a rehab in the city I live in that has a waiting list, I am not sure what their success rate is though. It is great there are treatment options out there for people either way.
  19. KNH

KNH Active Contributor

I think it is great that you had a valuable and effective experience in rehab. I hear a lot of horror stories about rehabs and it is nice to hear about your great experience. If people were more aware of positive stories like yours instead of horror stories, it could possibly encourage more addicts to seek treatment in a rehab facility.
  20. JohnBrock

JohnBrock Active Contributor

It's incredible for me to hear such positive stories of rehabilitation, really gives hope to know that other's have had such positive experiences. Rehab is not easy, but it doesn't have to be a terrible experience as many have suggested. It certainly beats the alternative though. While I am happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay, here's to hoping you'll never have to go back :D Perhaps you should consider sharing your experiences as a consultant, I could imagine that there are many people looking for positive stories to help them take the plunge!