An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

i`m an addict

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by ema, Sep 15, 2017.

1. ema

ema Member

Hey there,

first of all I`d like to tell u that today are 6 months that I`m off benzodiazepines (Lormetazepam, Diazepam, Bromazepam) that have been by far the worst addiction I`ve ever had, I`d describe the withdraw as pure hell on earth.

My problem is no more related to a particular substance, in fact I abuse quite anything I can put my hands on, mainly amphetamines, cocaine, weed and alcohol.

what I`d like to know is how to enjoy myself without this constant feeling of boredom, in a way I`m not able to enjoy the time both with my friends, but most importantly with myself.

Can I make it by myself?

thank you:)
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@ema... Congrats on your 6 months off of benzos. I know from experience that getting off of those drugs is indeed hell on earth. So you've done something that's pretty difficult to do and that's really great.

As far as the other substances... I think maybe you just have to find other ways to occupy yourself. Maybe you need to find a hobby or two to take up some of your time. Maybe exercising, even if it's just walking or riding a bike, would help. Exercise helps get the body's natural endorphins flowing; the same endorphins that are released when you use substances.

You can make it by yourself. I know you can. You just have to commit to doing it and then work hard at it. Maybe a support group would be a good idea, too.

Sending you lots of positive vibes.
    ema likes this.
  3. @ema...Congratulations on being off benzos for 6 months. You are winning every day you remain sober. I know the feeling you are going through; your mind is asking, "Now what?" Remember, you are dealing with the cunning disease of addiction. If you have not tried it already, join a 12-step program like AA and spend time with sober people, go out to coffee with them and reach out to people. You need the company of people who understand you and give you suggestions on how to deal with your boredom and addiction. Wish you all the best.
    ema and deanokat like this.
  4. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@ema... Just wondering how things are going for you. If you have a spare minute, please give us an update.

Sending positive juju your way. :)
    ema likes this.
  5. ema

ema Member

Thank you sincerely for your interest, sending positive vibes too :)....quite the same I`d say.

To be honest I have some personality issues therefore the feeling of emptiness and boredom is unberable if I stay sober,...I just feel super numb.

luckily I am still managing to function quite well...weed helps :p:D,

wish you the all the best.
    deanokat likes this.