New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

I made a mistake today.

Discussion in 'Other Recovery Support Groups' started by PingPongCall, Jan 15, 2016.

1. PingPongCall

PingPongCall Active Contributor

I stol from a store and I'm high right now. help me.
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@PingPongCall... I appreciate your honesty. Coming here and admitting what you did took a lot of courage.

You're the only person who can decide to change your life. Realizing that you've made a mistake is a huge positive. Remember: It's not the relapse that defines you; it's how you react to the relapse. See if you can pick yourself up, brush yourself off, and get right back on the recovery road again. A relapse isn't a complete failure; it's a slip-up. Sobriety is a learned behavior and it can take a lot of practice before we get good at it. If you decided you wanted to learn to speak Russian, you wouldn't expect to be perfect at it right from day one, would you?

We're here to help and support you. We will never judge you. And we truly care about you. See if you can do the next right thing.

Sending you sober vibes and hugs.
    Natalie, Zyni and MyDigitalpoint like this.
  3. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Community Champion

Hope you are doing better @PingPongCall, but if you are still high, it will pass and then you can come back here and pick the wise advice that @deanokat has given you.

Most of us have faced those slip-ups at a given moment during recovery, but it's the courage to keep trying until succeed what takes us to be clean and sober again :)
    deanokat likes this.
  4. PingPongCall

5. PingPongCall

What a shitty day. I have no idea how I ended up here. I thought I was doing so well.
  6. deanokat

@PingPongCall... You are a human being, and human beings make mistakes. Nobody's perfect. If you mix willingness and hope together enough times, you can attain sobriety. I have faith in you.
    Zyni likes this.
  7. PingPongCall

Gonna mix my own foot up my ass if this doesn't stop soon. I've got **** that needs doing.
  8. Zyni

Zyni Community Champion

Try not to be too hard on yourself. That just makes matters worse. It becomes a vicious circle.

I get that you feel bad, but you have to forgive yourself to move forward.

Deanokat offered great advice and support. There is lots more support available here is well. We're all on your side and rooting for you. You can do this.
  9. deanokat

@PingPongCall... Thinking of you today and sending positive, sober vibes your way. :)
  10. PingPongCall

deanokat likes this.
  11. PingPongCall

And thank you too you as well.
  12. PingPongCall

@deanokat I started a new Journalism job the other day. I finally get to have my work published on a major site.
  13. deanokat

@PingPongCall... That is totally badass!!! I'm so happy for you!!! I'd be interested in reading your stuff if you don't mind sharing it the site with me sometime. PM it to me if you don't want to share it with the world. And congrats again! Very exciting news!! Keep doing great things, okay?? :)
  14. PingPongCall

Here is my profile page. http://www.hardcoregamer.com/author/ChristopherLKing/
    And thank you for your support, it really means a lot. I'll do my best.
    One day at a time right?
    deanokat likes this.
  15. Zyni

Zyni Community Champion

Wow, that's great. It feels good to be published and see your name in print. As a writer (and a bit of a gamer) myself, I'm very excited for you.

One day at a time, indeed. Sometimes, it's more like one hour at a time.
  16. PingPongCall

Feels more like minutes at a time, most days.
    deanokat likes this.
  17. deanokat

One day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time...one second at a time if you have to, @PingPongCall. Whatever helps you keep moving forward. :)
  18. PingPongCall

That's literally all their is to do at this point. Would be a lot easier if my wife was supportive though.
  19. deanokat

Do you think educating your wife a bit more about addiction would make a difference? Reason I ask: I wrote a blog not too long ago that talks about the best books for people who have a loved one struggling with addiction. Maybe your wife would be interested in checking it out. In any case, here's the link:

6 Essential Books for Those with an Addicted Loved One

Sending you positive vibes, my friend. Always.
  20. djdrug

djdrug Community Champion

Hmm... that is an interesting list of books @deanokat.
    deanokat likes this.