An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

I made a mistake today.

Discussion in 'Other Recovery Support Groups' started by PingPongCall, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Vinaya

Vinaya Community Champion

When you ask for help, it means you are admitting that you made a mistake. Many people never admit that.
  2. kgord

kgord Community Champion

Maybe you can leave the item at the store when it is closed with a note. I am not sure what would happen if you took it back and announced you stole it. That might make you feel better. I never steal in a clear cut way because the possible consequences are never worth it..plus it is not right.
  3. 6up

6up Community Champion

It seems that you lack motivation in whatever you are doing. Getting high may not be a problem but getting high always is not recommended. You need to be focused since you a good writer. Don't let drugs to pull you down. If you are being influenced by friends then you have to avoid them. Concentrate on your writing job and I know that you will succeed. Just forget about your past and set goals that you can achieve.
  4. Nancy D.

Nancy D. Senior Contributor

Wow...I hope you are ok...and trust and believe you are not the first to do something like this. Try to collect yourself and push towards your bright future.
    djdrug likes this.
  5. GettingBetter

GettingBetter Senior Contributor

It's good that you reached out online! Keep reaching out! If you can't talk to you wife about this stuff, you might need to find someone else to help. Do you have any other family members you can talk to? People you know in recovery locally? Anyone you can call or meet for coffee?

Keep going... keep trying!
  6. johnyork

johnyork Active Contributor

You are a human being, and human beings make mistakes. Try not to be too hard on yourself. That just makes matters worse.