An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

I made the call!!

Discussion in 'Questions About Treatment' started by DoxyMom, Feb 4, 2019.

1. DoxyMom

DoxyMom Community Champion

I called what seems to be one of the only clinics around here. She took a bunch of info and someone will call me back in 24-48 hours for my intake appt. She wasn't sure if the withdrawal timeline either and said the next person I talk to can help with that.
    I only had a small bit of herion this AM and was trying to taper, but was sick and when I finally got more, the helpful dealer fronted me quite a bit. I hope this is my last batch. I need it to be well, to work etc. I don't get high, just trying to not be sick.
    deanokat likes this.
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@DoxyMom so glad you made the call. i'm praying they can help you!!! and i'm glad you are tapering... keep it up, k? you're consciously wanting to stop and i'm proud of you for that.

proud of you for making that call too!

hope you have a good evening :)
    deanokat likes this.
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

You are a badass, @DoxyMom! I'm so proud of you for making that call. This is the first step toward improving your life exponentially. Please know that we are always here for you to help, support, encourage, and listen. You can lean on us anytime, before, during, or after treatment. We're here and we care!

Sending you love and prayers today!
    Dominica likes this.
  4. DoxyMom

Thank you both. I just got my return call. I'm allowed to be using on my intake day but need to be 20 hours from my last time when I go see the Dr for my meds. It's very expensive as my husband makes too much $$$, if he didn't, my county offers help as this is self pay and I have to contact my insurance to see if they will reimburse for some. If I call them they might make me go where they want me to go. From what I've seen none of the others offer Methadone, which is what I want to try. I have to have $625 that day which pays for my last month. That is crazy they keep that on account. It costs $105 a week and that pays for everything,meds and counseling. I will have one on one and group. I spend more than that now on drugs so I should be saving $$$.
    Their office is moving and the office will be closer to my house. I just hope I don't see any of my clients or better them seeing me. That worries me as I don't want the fact that I'm getting he!p to affect my business.
    I'm excited and scared. I'm angry too. At myself, my Chronic pain and the pain management clinic and the PA that gave me the first Oxy script. I'm mad at Purdue who pushed the Drs. Into writing these scripts. I wonder if I will see an end to this epidemic in my lifetime. I worry for patients who need these meds and are made to suffer, they are denied meds due to the epidemic.
    Dominica and deanokat like this.
  5. deanokat

Sounds good, @DoxyMom. Do you know when your intake day is yet?

BTW, it's normal to be scared. But try not to worry. I think this is going to be a great thing for you. :)
    Dominica likes this.
  6. Dominica

@DoxyMom i'm sure it's an emotional process all the way around... but i do think you'll be able to educate and help others in similar situations.... i hope you get some good news... and yes, i am believing with Dean that you will overcome this.... yes!
    deanokat likes this.
  7. DoxyMom

My intake appt. Is next Tuesday at 10am. She said I will be there for 2-3 hours. After that they make an appt. For me with the Dr. Which she didn't tell me how long for that.
    deanokat likes this.
  8. Dominica

That's good news, @DoxyMom .... you're getting positive momentum going!!

I hope you have a great day!!! Stand tall.... you're doing this!
    deanokat likes this.
  9. deanokat

That's terrific, @DoxyMom. I'm so happy and excited for you. This will be the start of wonderful things for you. I know it!
  10. DoxyMom

I have a problem. We are getting a bad storm tonight and all day tomorrow with snow and ice. I'm going to call and reschedule but that begs the question, what happens when I'm going there daily for meds and another storm comes and I can't get there? What do people do?
  11. deanokat

@DoxyMom... I'm sorry to hear about the storm that's going to cause you to reschedule your intake appointment. I hope you can get another appointment ASAP. As far as your question about getting your daily meds and potential storms...I don't have any experience with that. But my suggestion would be to take things a day at a time and not worry about that right now. When you go for your intake appointment, you can ask the folks there how that would be handled.

Sending love and light to you on this Monday morning.
  12. DoxyMom

I've tried calling all day and no one picks up. I called the 800# and the first time they told me to keep trying. They close at 2, so I was getting concerned. The second time I asked them to email that office and ask them to call. I just called again and got a rude lady, when I asked what to do said it depends on how bad you want help. I said should it be bad enough to put my life in danger and drive on ice. I told her I don't want to stand them up. She's sending another email telling them if the weather is bad I need to reschedule. I hope them moving their office has not messed up the phones and internet that they don't get my message. I couldn't even leave a voicemail as the phone just rings and rings. This last lady asked me if I pressed 0 how was I to do that when the phone is not answering. I'm so frustrated
  13. Dominica

@DoxyMom i'm sorry this has happened. i don't think people should be rude on the phone... ever. i would be frustrated too.... they may have not been at work due to the storms?
    i hope you can reach them today. take a deep breath... sending you a big hug!!
    deanokat likes this.
  14. deanokat

Just keep trying, @DoxyMom. And try not to let this little roadblock affect you. @Dominica is right... Take a deep breath. And know that we're here for you and sending you positive juju.
  15. DoxyMom

The phone was still not working and I had almost convinced myself to take my life in my hands and just go when I tried the 800# again. This time I got someone nice who knew about the phone issues. She told me not to worry as it's in my file that I was trying to call. A few minutes later the local office called and I'm going tomorrow. She also said Ill see the Dr. On Friday. The only problem with that is I have to go to another office once to see him as there aren't any at the new office yet. I gotta do what I gotta do but it's a 40 minute drive. I feel so much better now.
    Dominica likes this.
  16. deanokat

Yay! I'm glad you got answers, @DoxyMom. I'll be keeping good thoughts for you tomorrow. And yes, driving 40 minutes to see the doctor on Friday is a bit of an inconvenience, but it will be totally worth it. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

Glad you're feeling better now!! :)
    Dominica likes this.
  17. Dominica

@DoxyMom ah great!! glad you got that squared away!!! good news indeed! now you can breathe....and have a great day!
    deanokat likes this.
  18. deanokat

Thinking of you today, @DoxyMom. Sending positive energy your way. Let us know how things go, okay? :)
  19. DoxyMom

I started a new thread to document my journey to let you know how it went and how it is going. I also thought it may answer questions others might have who are thinking of going this route. I see the Dr Friday at 8:30
    deanokat and Dominica like this.
  20. deanokat

Awesome, @DoxyMom! I'm so happy that you're sharing your experience with others. :)