An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

I think I'm done digging

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by True concern, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Davers

Davers Senior Contributor

Dude I'm 48 & your personality sounds a-lot like mine.

I go through different moods as well , Rap , gets Me going , If in the FTP ( NWA ) or T.I. ; mostly old school rap but some new 'Babble ' rap has some catchy tunes.
    Rock does me the same way ' The Louder The Better'.
    It is a mood enhancer indeed.
    GD
    Onceaddicted77 likes this.
  2. Onceaddicted77

Onceaddicted77 Spam fighting Moderator & Realist Community Listener

Yep lol sounds like me too. I love all kinds of music and it's crazy how much it can lift your mood. I feel euphoric when I listen to a great song. Especially on kratom that **** enhances my emotions greatly lol.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    Davers likes this.
  3. Onceaddicted77

Right brother! Man it really does help. When I was ready to quit bupe I told myself every morning I can do this and how happy I was for doing it and man shlt you not I maintained a postive attitude the whole time I tapered off and still have one today. I'm pretty sure I can contribute some to gabapentin. I just feel like **** without it and I only take 300mgs a day.

I remind myself about the things I should be happy about amd not fret on the things and people that's not in my life.

I've lost people too but I can still be happy I have to be because I refuse to live depressed anymore.
  4. Onceaddicted77

Now listen to this damn song lol it's not a sad one and it kicks ass. You'll relate to it.
    Joshstillclean and Davers like this.
  5. True concern

True concern Moderator

Your new title tells me something I already knew LMAO. SPAM ZAPPING SUPER MODERATOR?And how did you convince WILL_ to allow that bolstered job title?I love it by the way
  6. Onceaddicted77

Haha thanks I can change to it to whatever I want just figured that out lol
  7. True concern

True concern Moderator

I like this it fits lol
  8. True concern

True concern Moderator

Bro I'm on day 4 totally no opiates,can you find some kidney cleansing herbs or natural type thing's I might try I really am feeling confident and don't want to take a pill in a few days when my kidneys start to hurt
  9. True concern

True concern Moderator

I've noticed a steady decline in traffic, where is the site being advertised, I know not Facebook because the coding is different, does that also mean Google don't advertise it either?
    Davers likes this.
  10. True concern

True concern Moderator

I'm gonna listen to your boy "Machine gun Kelly "Which is a name rip off from a radio announcer from the 60's lol....i have an old soul that loves loud rock music lol
  11. Onceaddicted77

Yes brother try Turmeric. I take some every morning with my kratom. It has anti inflammatory properties almost as good as advil or ibuprofen. I never take any pharmaceuticals other than gabapentin.

Turmeric gives a mood boost as well and protects your neurons. I take a fermented supplement it has 550 mg of turmeric smd 100 mgs of curcumin and ginger it's not the cheapest but it works great.
    Joshstillclean likes this.
  12. True concern

True concern Moderator

Much appreciated
  13. Onceaddicted77

Oh ok you a rock fan. I didnt know for sure what you liked.
  14. True concern

True concern Moderator

That song is so real,I can relate for sure.I just have to point out today's musicians owe their style to Eminen.That reminded me of Eminem and Rhianna after Chris Brown stomped her
  15. True concern

True concern Moderator

Ya man but some good rap I can listen to,one of my best friends was a black man who is a crip so I heard some rap before
  16. Onceaddicted77

Yes they do for sure. I noticed all the white rappers have the same style and sound as Eminem. It set the stage for sure. It's a good song I can relate too.
    True concern likes this.
  17. True concern

True concern Moderator

I can relate to this song on a personal level as I'm sure most addicts/recovering addicts can
  18. Onceaddicted77

Man me too I love it. When I listen to a song that hits me to the core I feel it and it makes me smile. :)
    Joshstillclean and True concern like this.
  19. True concern

True concern Moderator

Korn,metallic that's usually my speed but after about 1 hour of it I'm way to hyped up lol and usually end up in one shape or another so I've been avoiding it.i had ten months sober here once,all from running a lot and had to have knee surgery just over 1 year ago....Today I start getting my leg ready to run again.im putting in 1 hour on the treadmill just fast walking until my knee gets stronger,I'm done with the cycle.ive undug my pain time to move on
  20. Onceaddicted77

Yea awesome I listen to them as well. My library's playlist goes from rap to country to death metal lol

That's awesome brother I pray god keeps your knee strong so you can continue to make postive changes. I'm happy for you brother.
    Joshstillclean and True concern like this.