An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

I think I'm done digging

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by True concern, Nov 3, 2019.

1. True concern

True concern Moderator

Giving it an honest try once more,it bought me 10 months last time...right now I'm shooting for 10 days,than 10 weeks,etc
    Onceaddicted77 likes this.
  2. Onceaddicted77

Onceaddicted77 Spam fighting Moderator & Realist Community Listener

Awesome man. I found some literature on turmeric check it out.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2929771/

You'll be amazed what this little spice can do.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    Joshstillclean and True concern like this.
  3. Onceaddicted77

Nature has all we need to fight depression.

Curcumin is the main biological active phytochemical component of turmeric which is a member of the Curcuma botanical group (Family Zingiberaceae). Extensive studies within the last half a century have demonstrated the protective action of curcumin in almost all the disorders of the body. The molecule is known to possess antimicrobial, antiinflammatory, antihypertensive, antihyperlipidemic, antitumor, anticancer, antiphlogistic, antidiabetic, antipsoriasis, antithrombotic, antihepatotoxic and many other useful properties. Besides its protective action in peripheral organ disorders, the molecule is known to possess neuroprotective properties as well.

Curcumin possess antidepressant activity through modulating the release of serotonin and dopamine. Curcumin enhances the level of neurotrophic factors such as brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF)[9]. Another exciting use of curcumin is in the treatment of diabetic neuropathy. Curcumin enhanced the glucose lowering effect of insulin and protects against the onset of diabetic neuropathy

It was further explored that curcumin inhibits the activity of both MAO-A and MAO-B enzymes. It is important to mention here that monoamine oxidase is the enzyme that is involved in the degradation of norepinephrine, serotonin and dopamine. By inhibiting the activity of MAO enzyme, curcumin increases the concentration of these neurotransmitters in the synapse and thus prolonging their action.

Amazing stuff! @Joshstillclean check this out too.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    True concern likes this.
  4. True concern

True concern Moderator

It sounds like it protects against everything, EXACTLY what I need
  5. True concern

True concern Moderator

I found my stride again, I always loved running more than pills or anything so I'm back to exercise
    Davers and Onceaddicted77 like this.
  6. Onceaddicted77

Awesome brother that's great. I need to get myself going again on exercising again too. It definitely gets your system going.
    True concern likes this.
  7. True concern

True concern Moderator

After 2 miles that natural high,beats all the artificial sh1t and you feel like superman . I am pumped right now it's crazy I love ENDORPHINS
    Davers and Onceaddicted77 like this.
  8. Onceaddicted77

Hell yeah! Nothing better than natural high
    True concern likes this.
  9. True concern

True concern Moderator

Dude I'm done,no more pills.ive said it 100 times but only once before when I could run and it worked and now I can run again ohhhh sh1t it's on now
  10. True concern

True concern Moderator

Just applied for work,was told come back tomorrow for a follow up interview so thing's are looking up and I'm still amped from my morning run like still super jacked.
  11. True concern

True concern Moderator

Day 5 and sooo full of energy it's almost unbearable,like I feel like I'm spun on meth but I'm totally sober.Emotions are a bit tattered and erratic but for the most part just looking forward to tomorrow so I can run again, a day on a day off as I rebuild my strength but at least I have a job interview today to kill time but I so just want to go run and it's 24 hour's away before I attempt it but I am tempted.
  12. Davers

Davers Community Champion

Ill try not TMI here , but I have never tried Kratom ( Usually by the time I do It will be illegal ) , my cousin was taking it for along time , esp last May 2018 when her Dad My uncle suddenly passed away , she said it works , I then asked a few months later & she said " I had to quit taking the K , as I was abusing it.

IM limited opinion , Kratom should be a legal option for Opiate treatment or if one can use to just chill.
    True concern and Onceaddicted77 like this.
  13. Onceaddicted77

It definitely works and well. It can be abused if your not in the right mindset. I'm focusing on being healthy and only taking organic stuff. If it keeps me off the hardshit I'm happy.

I actually find it to be a magical plant it's about the only medicine along with cannabis that I can control my dosing and even take less and be happy with the effects. If you take too much you'll end up with nausea and a headache. idk because they are natural and not as addicting as their pharmaceutical equivalent counterparts or what, but I feel I'm using it responsibly.

I try to go by how I'm feeling if I'm up already and not depressed I dont take it. But it sure balances me out.

I'd urge anyone to try it if hardcore and pharmaceutical opioids or meth, cocain, alchohol are something you can't get away from.
    I can guarantee it's the healthier choice.

I doubt they will ban it until the first pharmaceutical company synthesizes a medicine from it. Then the fda will ban it to protect all the rich peoples investments lol
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    True concern and Davers like this.
  14. Davers

I got lucky and came across this site , I have been on others , I like this one cause it's not to crowded .

I do hope this site can go on to inform and educate others with addiction issues.
  15. Davers

As close to perfectly said as can be possible.:cool:
  16. True concern

True concern Moderator

I agree to an extent as I do like how personal we can be with one another and the people do start to feel like extended family. I just can't help but wonder...How so many people miss the site,and I have no idea where it's advertised. I know at time's Google chrome calls this site something totally different and there are times it calls it what we know it as,confusing to me for sure.

So I believe this is day 6 out of detox from opiates and I'm back to running between sun and today(yesterday I rested my legs)I have ran 4.25 miles and I haven't been able to run since surgery 1 year ago so me.......im on top of the world right now
  17. True concern

True concern Moderator

18. True concern

True concern Moderator

19. Onceaddicted77

It really is man. I'm finding out more and more that everything we need is right here in the form God intended it to be used, All natural.
    True concern likes this.
  20. True concern

True concern Moderator

I love hearing that,unfortunately you know as well as I do it will all be synthesized and the rich get richer...well you know you pointed it out earlier