An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

I think I'm done digging

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by True concern, Nov 3, 2019.

1. True concern

True concern Moderator

Day 11 No opiates, and I'm not gonna drink today either...i am still trying to completely focus on complete sobriety, I admit I've been leaning on alcohol in a way I have before and I remember it always lands me in jail eventually so I have to check myself and stop drinking now before I catch another case over some dumbshit
    cheffy and Joshstillclean like this.
  2. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Community Champion

how are things going bro? in gerneral, just life....
  3. True concern

True concern Moderator

Ok at this moment, just growing impatient waiting on this background check for work
  4. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Community Champion

still hasnt come back? you called them?
    True concern likes this.
  5. True concern

True concern Moderator

I called,the manager is off until Wed so hopefully by then
  6. cheffy

cheffy Community Champion

That's really good to hear... Wow! And at this point it can only get better, right?!
    True concern likes this.
  7. True concern

True concern Moderator

Exactly, I'm taking some natural supplements that @Onceaddicted77 recommended and so far so good
    cheffy and Onceaddicted77 like this.
  8. Davers

Davers Senior Contributor

This is so true .
    For 3+ years in the mid 1990's , I started jogging , I was only able to run a couple hundred yards, before long I was able to run 5 miles (up and down hill ) without stopping .

I felt Great ( other than regular Anxiety ) "Like a Rock " as Bob Seger sang .
    But
    I started drinking again and soon lost the will to exercise ( Unless it involved Beer , Jack D ) was offered . LOL

It's cool when you get in that "Runners Zone ", very relaxing in a way , I get in the zone now by Metal Detecting ..( In the woods for 4-6 hours with headphones on you can get into yr mind waiting on that right "Beep" .).
    TMI
    GD