An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

I think my child relapsed

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Worried I care more, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Last night I went into my child's room and I see my mirror, aluminum foil torn, but no burns on it, broken pen amongst other things that were never asked to borrow such as the rechargeable battery pack off of the drill that was rigged to have two screws taped to it. No clue to why she lied about having it to begin with. My child denies using again, but hangs out with the same ppl from before. I called the police 3/6/17 & she detoxed alone bc there was no outside help for her to get clean under physician's help. Signs I'm seeing again!
    - attitude & disrespect
    She'll hang up on me, start an argument with me, disregard our house rules.
    - lock her door & cover peep hole with tape.
    - when called & asked if she will be home today- she is very evasive and say something like I'm in the middle of something or I'm with a friend right now.
    - her bubbly personality as changed in a negative way.
    - lose all respect of her 3 brothers and they don't have the bond they use to have.
    Face broken out, short with us, stays out all night w/o calling, eats lots of sweets, my health is depleteing bc of her Actions!
    -- PLEASE--
    Help me understand more signs of smoking and snorting Meth.... What items used to do this drug & what are some tale tell signs... I feel like I'm going insane thinking she's doing something, but she says she's not doing anything....
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Worried I care more... I'm sorry that you're going through this with your daughter. I don't have any direct experience with smoking/snorting meth, but it definitely sounds like your daughter is likely using something. The symptoms you describe and the things you found in her room would indicate such.

The information at the link below might help you. Check it out when you have a chance. Also, know that we're here for you anytime you need to reach out and lean on someone.

Sending you lots of positive vibes and hope.

Here's that link:

http://drugabuse.com/library/crystal-meth-abuse/

Love and light to you. I will say a prayer for your daughter, too.