An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

I think my husband is using cocaine

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by Cathyb, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Cathyb

Cathyb Member

My husband and I are seperated for the last few months ... I found out he hadn't paid the morgage in over a year he lost his buisness and other financial stuff went on .... he lies so much about every thing .... before he moved out his mood was up and down his nose was always runny he would lie on the couch depressed then come out of it ....he is so angry towards me and blames it all on me I never seen him so angry ....some of his close friends hav said he has used cocaine ....he seems to be emotionally dead ..... he doesn't pay child support he left me to sort out our Morgage on my own we nearly lost our home we hav 3 children ......I think he has been on cocaine for a while but he denies it makes out I am talking rubbish he is 45 I so want to help him but he had totally shut me off ....he use to be a real hard working family man and now he is a stranger after 22 years.... am I wrong about his coke addictoon could it be something else ... depression maybe ?
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Cathyb... Welcome and thanks for sharing. I'm so sorry that you're going through this with your husband. I suppose he could be suffering from depression or some other mental illness, but it definitely sounds like cocaine addiction to me.

I would suggest that you check out a Nar-Anon or Al-Anon meeting in your area. They can be incredibly helpful and comforting. And what they teach about a loved one's addiction--you didn't cause it, you can't control it, and you can't cure it--is very true.

There's also a very good book out there called Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change. It's written specifically for partners and parents of people struggling with addiction and it's loaded with incredibly helpful information. I highly recommend that you get it and read it.

The most important piece of advice I can give you is this: Take care of yourself and your children first. Your lives should be at the very top of your priority list. I know you're having financial difficulty because of your husband's behavior, but maybe there's a way to get some assistance. Or maybe you have to think about talking to a lawyer. I know that sounds harsh, but you have to do what is best for you and your kids...because YOUR lives matter, too.

If you need to reach out again, for help, support, advice, or just to vent, please do. We are here for you.

I'm sending you lots of positive energy and hugs full of hope.
  3. Cathyb

Cathyb Member

Thanks so much for the reply .... I just found out he seeing someone else aswell .... it hurts ....but yr right I hav to look after myself and girls ....
  4. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

I'm praying for you and your family, @Cathyb. Go forward, be brave, and keep the faith.
    Cathyb likes this.