An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

I want to get clean from Meth

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine / Meth' started by Vella, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Vella

Vella Member

Has anyone had any success getting clean from Meth? If so can you tell me how you did it for?
  2. Lost_n_HI

Lost_n_HI Member

From my experience and others I've seen get clean is that you have to get away from the scene completely. Fully uproot yourself and start fresh. The amount of treatment needed will have to be determined by a professional at a treatment center. It's called an ASSESSMENT. It's just basically an assessment of your present and past drug use, types of drugs, frequency and quantity used and the extent that you've gone to keep using despite whatever risk or consequences. You need to be honest with them. It's for your best interest. If you're chosen for outpatient but feel that you will benefit more from residential then you have to make it known. Don't worry about paying for treatment out of pocket because if you don't have insurance or even have enough insurance there are lots of resources for everyone seeking treatment. So I hope this helps and you get the help you need and deserve.
    deanokat likes this.
  3. celestecerna

celestecerna Member

I was in a 30 day residential and basically they tell you that in order to stay clean you have to remove the old nouns of your using time, nouns being person, places and things. AA or NA is a really great outpatient with positive people. I would recommend going to one of those meetings and getting a sponsor and working the 12 steps. It's definitly not easy and I truly wish you the best in your recovery.
    deanokat likes this.