An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

I was an addict for a few years...

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by freebands25, Nov 4, 2014.

1. freebands25

freebands25 Member

Of course I never considered myself as, or even felt I was addicted. I'm sure like everyone else it was just a recreational drug and eventually it became something I liked doing and didn't care who knew about me doing it. I would smoke in front of everyone and just laugh at their reaction and disbelief that I was really smoking meth. I was the friend that everyone looked up to and my addiction soon became their addiction as well. When I saw my circle of friends doing this drug and actually starting to be worse off than I was, I knew I had to be the one to stop the madness. I had friends who were coming over daily bringing the drug with them. I knew I wouldn't be able to quit with this happening so I made up a lie and told them that my probation officer was watching my house and everyone who came over. That stopped the traffic and influence. That's when I had to work on myself. I started reading up on the effects that meth had on the body and that led me to the measures I had to take to cleanse myself and re-program my mind as well as rejuvenate my entire system. I started drinking apple cider vinegar every morning before meals and eating lots of fruits and vegetables daily. I also drank massive amounts of water every time I thought about it just to keep my system flushing out the poisons. After only a couple weeks my mind had completely transformed into health mode and I found myself not wanting to put anything harmful into it anymore. I didn't even want unhealthy foods, sodas, cigarettes , anything anymore. I also had to serve 3 months in the county jail for a marijuana charge. That furthered my detoxification process because no matter what u want, crave or think you're addicted to, you cant get it in jail. That's where I learned the power of the Brain and how anything you want to accomplish or be a part of, the power was in the mind. I was released from jail in March of 2014, and since I've been home I've started my own business online, as well as helped so many people find the power within themselves to break free from any addiction and affliction that they may encounter. I haven't looked back since and I haven't touched a drug, cigarette or eaten harmful foods to contaminate my body. I know it sounds cliché' but.. if I can do it, anyone can. That's the story of Jestan Hopkins. email me @hopkinsjestan@gmail.com thanks to all who took the time to read this. You ARE the GOD that u seek.
    Joseph likes this.
  2. tasha

tasha Community Listener Community Listener

That's a fantastic survival story and yes it can be done. Everyone gets to have a choice and in some instances they feel that they are so far gone that there is no way back but there is and to do the right thing, by making the right decision can save your life and give you a start in a brand new one.
    freebands25 and Joseph like this.
  3. GenevB

GenevB Community Champion

Thank you for sharing this! It is an amazing story and I guess it inspires most of us that anything can be done if we try and believe in our goals and in our powers to achieve them.
  4. jeremy2

jeremy2 Community Champion

That was such an inspiring story and i believe that for the thousands out there struggling with substance abuse, this is the much needed impetus needed to jolt them back to their senses and motivate them to start the journey to a drug-free life. I will agree with you that our minds are most powerful resource we have within ourselves and its upon us to harness that power to our advantage.
  5. Amazing that you overcame what is known to be such a powerful and addictive drug!!!! Stay strong and keep spreading your strength to others!
  6. maryannballeras

maryannballeras Senior Contributor

Your story is so powerful and inspiring, thank you so much for sharing it. I agree with you, you can do all things if you'll just use the power of your mind, if you will just focus on what's important. I hope that you continue inspiring and empowering more people.
    freebands25 likes this.
  7. freebands25

freebands25 Member

Thank you so much, sorry it took me so long to respond! I appreciate you
  8. freebands25

freebands25 Member

Thank you I sure hope so, change starts with us individually, if we start the movement within ourselves then others will follow.
  9. freebands25

freebands25 Member

Thank you, i will definitely do that, i haven't stopped and don't plan on it
  10. freebands25

freebands25 Member

I agree to the fullest. These drugs are powerful but not more powerful than us! We can make it happen.
  11. tasha

tasha Community Listener Community Listener

Absolutely! It is the easiest thing to start and the hardest to stop but it can be done and you do need support and a mind set to change and turn your life around.