New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Identify this drug

Discussion in 'Other Substances' started by Rosyrain, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Community Champion

I recently heard of a new drug that is being made in Russia. It is supposed to be like meth, but so much worse in that you instantly get hooked, and apparently it rots your body from the inside out. I forgot the name of it, does this sound familiar to anyone?
  2. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

I read about this drug I believe it's called Crocodile. From what I heard it leaves scales on your skin that turn green. This stuff sounds like what's used to make zombies. I would never try any thing like this. I think this is only in Russia but when people read about the effects of this they most likely won't try it.
  3. Coolkidhere

Coolkidhere Community Champion

That is really scary! I hope people do read about its effects and refrain from using that drug. Though there are many experimental people nowadays so we can never be really sure if they will stay away from that drug. When I searched it, I read that this drug has been in Russia for about a decade now. And in the Soviet Union, half of all drug related deaths are from this drug, 'krokodil.'
  4. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

Yeah they call it McDonalds. Fastfood. Russia, why is it always the stories relate to Russia. I don't think we can really blame everything on Russia. They love America and they are not the bad guys they have been made out to be. It's probably been made in some US government lab or a big pharma over achiever. Like aspartame, the invention of aspartame is pretty over the top. Denied for years by the FDA. The inventor stopped at nothing to get it put in food so we could enjoy this lovely substance that is a full waste from bacteria. Talk about rotting the body from the inside out. It's in a lot of processed foods now.
  5. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

I think I heard about it recently, I found it so scary and I felt just glad I don't have to deal with teenagers right now... It seems things are getting really ugly :( More and more new dangerous and even more addictive drugs are appearing. It seems the worst and most dangerous things are coming from Russia.
  6. kgord

kgord Community Champion

Yes, I have heard of this drug and it sounds even worse than meth. I don't know why anyone would want to take it. I mean is a high really worth your life? I wouldn't think so. It seems that this drug is one of the most horrible options out there and I am not sure why anyone would want to use it personally.
  7. Eleanor

Eleanor Member

Well when a person broke, hooked, in withdraw and in absolutely no condition to work or steal, they often go for the "downsizing" option, where else can they satisfy their addiction when the state doesn't bother with them?
    Furthermore some people are convinced that there's no escape, or do not want to escape because what they have to live through every day is too much for them (e.g. forced prostitution), so they lead themselves to a slow and numb suicide.

I heard that it's called "Krokodil" (=crocodile in Russian) because it leaves huge sores on your body that look like crocodile bites. The pictures I've seen are consistent with what I wrote above...I've never seen scales on pictures of Krokodil users.
    Basicaly the drug causes such a strong effect on the body that the bloodvessels under the skin constrict so much that there's no flow (or minimal flow) causing the cells in the area to die and slowly come off leaving huge jagged gaps of open skin and flesh.
  8. Novelangel

Novelangel Active Contributor

It's definitely Krokodil, and the effects are devastating. I have seen pictures of people who have lost the entire lower half of a leg due to this drug. They keep on using it regardless. I saw a picture of a woman who has one of the two bones in her lower arm sticking right out in the air, no skin or muscle enclosing it at all. She got in that condition by continuing to inject the drug into her arm even as it began to die right in front of her eyes. Everything rots away except for the bone itself and I can't imagine the agonizing pain and smell the user goes through during the weeks and months it might take to get in that condition. People die from using krokodile, yet they continue to shoot it into their veins even as they slowly watch themselves rot.
  9. nooperative

nooperative Member

1. Yes, its Krokodil, but it isnt new at all, it started to get popular around 2010 (if you consider that a while ago).
    2. It isnt like meth, krokodil is made from over-the-counter opiates (depressants), while meth is a phenethylamine-related chemical (a stimulant).
    3. It started to get popular between heroin and other opioid addicts, who could not afford their addiction anymore. As far as i know, the main chemical in krokodil (desomorphine) is a much more potent opioid than the ones sold in otc medications (mostly codeine). It can be synthesised with relative simplicity even by the user, and its way more potent than codeine, count in the fact that it doesnt need to be smuggled over borders, unlike heroin, so a dose is way cheaper, than with other opioids. A number of addicts can no longer afford heroin smuggled from Afghanistan, so they start using krokodil.
    4. Due to krokodil being produced in clandestine or more often by the users themselves (its production needs easily obtainable, mostly everyday use materials), the final product is extremely polluted, and acidic. This, when injected causes massive damage.
    5. Opioids are some of the most addictive substances known. Moreover, people living in bad conditions are more prone to drug abuse (mostly alcoholism), as a sort of escape. Keep in mind that krokodil is used by people in extreme poverty.
  10. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@nooperative thank you for the valuable information. Krokodil is nothing to mess with! I encourage everyone to stay away from it....