An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

If you will be given a chance to be a leader of your country

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by mwin43587, Jun 4, 2015.

1. mwin43587

mwin43587 Active Contributor

If you will be given a chance to be a leader of your country, what would you do to lessen drug addicts and criminals?
  2. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

Well, it is difficult to lessen drug-related crimes, but probably a stern government would somehow scare addicts.
  3. oraclemay

oraclemay Community Champion

Well, if I was given this opportunity I would turn it down as I am not qualified to do this, neither would I want it. However, I would research the different methods that are currently used worldwide and check the success rate. I would then go ahead and implement more of the methods that are highly successful.
  4. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

It will be really hard to totally get rid of it but I will be making the laws about it more strict. Heavier penalties for those who are pushers and just very strict policy for those who work in the government who will be proven to be connected with any drug cases. More police to be assigned on hunting those pushers as well as users.
  5. rcdpink

rcdpink Active Contributor

Individuals get hooked on drugs for various reasons. Some people take drugs because of the pains that they have to endure as regards the issues of life however, there are those who take drugs because of the economic crisis that exists in your lives. As the leader of my country, I would make it a top priority of mine to ensure that education is given to every individual free of cost. Education reduces the unemployment rate and this directly affects how preoccupied an individual is doing the course of the day. The Devil finds work for idle hands
  6. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Community Champion

I would not want to be the person who had to deal with drug abuse on a national level. It would be nice to be the leader of a local community though, and fight the good fight against drug use on a smaller scale. I would do things to bring more positive change to the community such as events and things of that nature. Many young people start doing drugs out of boredom.