An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

I’m having a hard night

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by AmandaAscot1990, Nov 16, 2017.

1. This is first support group I’ve joined because tonight I realized I need it.
    I’m so upset!!

I am with my fiancé, who was there before my addiction, during and after. We are at a family gathering and my sister-in-law asked if I wanted an alcoholic drink.
    I politely declined, but my fiancé, who was right there and should’ve known better, asked me again. I said no and then she practically begged me to get one! And then she tried a third time!

I am 43 days sober from cocaine and heroin after a suicide attempt, and I have made it known I don’t ever want to drink alcohol just yet.
    How could she ask more than once?!
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@AmandaAscot1990... I'm sorry you had a tough night. That doesn't seem very considerate of your fiancé, to ask you multiple times if you wanted a drink. If I were you I would sit down with her and have an honest conversation to reiterate how you feel about alcohol.

Big congratulations to you on being 43 days sober. That's a wonderful accomplishment and you should be very proud of yourself!

Keep doing the next right thing. Go forward, be brave, and keep the faith.
    Lostboy8731 and True concern like this.
  3. Lostboy8731

Lostboy8731 Community Champion

So sorry your night is so rough on you @AmandaAscot1990. Ppl that aren't ,were'nt , or don't see themselves as addicts don't always fully grasp the severity of the situation nor understand just how serious this is to you as well important. My advice after she's already asked twice and you declined if it happens again that's when I'd get a little sturn, not mean or angry just firm i guess you'd say. Stand your ground on your choice and politely explain that you'd appreciate it if she would respect your choice and be supportive. Hope things get better hun and congrats on 43 days. Keep it up. Were all routing for you love.
    True concern, Dominica and deanokat like this.
  4. Lostboy8731

Lostboy8731 Community Champion

Hey just checking in to see how your making out. Hope alls well get in touch with us when you can
    True concern and deanokat like this.