An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

I'm smoking Crack man.....

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by BoldJTruth, Feb 24, 2020.

1. BoldJTruth

BoldJTruth Member

Story of my life. I'm at a bad place and in a bad position in life....I'm 33 years old and started smoking at 32. I was offered to try the drug from a "friend" usually I can do any drug and not be phased by the want for more....this drug has me spending big money and I know it's going to cost me a lot in the end....but the sad part is that I like to smoke it....how can I find ways to keep my mind off the want for more. Just looking for suggestions....I literally just smoked my last and decided to come to a forum and talk about this with no biased.
    Onceaddicted77 likes this.
  2. LM3.0

LM3.0 Member

Bro it’s a fight to step away but do it as soon as you can because that **** starts making all the decisions before you realize it.

I’m fighting my way back from a brutal 4 year run, still might lose everything if I can’t pull it together.

seriously bro if you have the willpower NOW put it down while you can because you might only be one more hit away from being powerless against it
    Onceaddicted77 and True concern like this.
  3. Onceaddicted77

Onceaddicted77 Spam fighting Moderator & Realist Community Listener

There is only one way to not have cravings for it. Stop and allow time to pass. Time is our best friend and our worst enemy at the same time.

That's the thing about drugs we all love to do them or we wouldn't be here. They were designed to be to our liking. Money is not the real price of drugs though. We pay with the rebound and the damage it causes to our mentality, it destroys our ambitions.

When you finally get tired of the damage it causes the hate for the drug will become more than the love. Honestly until then it will be very very hard to quit.

There is no magic cure it takes willpower to say no and time will allow it to get easier because your brain will heal. But the even harder part is to stay away from it down the road when you forget about how hard it was to stop.

Even after some time itll be hard to not start another run at it. You'll tell yourself after the withdrawl ends that it wasnt that bad. We will convince ourselves that we can stop anytime the next time. Try to prepare for that.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    Ms.Lady and True concern like this.
  4. landmarkboston1

landmarkboston1 Active Contributor

Life is too short, don't waste it.
  5. Davers

Davers Community Champion

I sure hope the OP is better / clean by this time .