An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

In love with heroin addict

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by frustratedinlove, May 23, 2015.

1. aang

aang Member

I'm the enabler in my relationship except my girlfriend is an alcoholic, it's the stupidest thing in the world to fight about going and getting a $7 bottle of whiskey or not but that is seriously all we'll ever fight about. We always say we're going to leave each other but we never do, we've been together for two years and it seems stupid to end it over a $7 bottle but it's also just never ending. I could never leave her and addictions are hard to quit, sometimes you try and you just gotta try harder.
  2. GenevB

GenevB Community Champion

From this point on, you only have two ways, or even three, of continuing this. You either let her take you down with her, get her up to your level or break up. I would strongly advise you to try and think if she is that much worth that you'd go through a hell just to help her, have you known her before the addiction? If no, then you should reanalyze the situation, along with a neutral person, just so you could hear an objective opinion.

However if you decide she is that much worth, then simply take her, without telling her, to a rehab facility one day, get her locked in there for 6 months, and pay her daily visits. You need to get herself cured without her consent, as addicts do not think clearly when it comes about their addiction, their brain will do anything just to trick them.
  3. sillylucy

sillylucy Community Champion

I was in love with a heroin addict and it go to the point that his selfishness and his addiction was ruining my life. I broke up with him even though I still loved him. I just loved myself more and knew I couldn't take it. Love yourself more and tell her to get help. Then see someone for your own personal issues.