An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

In the grips of Loperamide

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by BBarnett22, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Lopenomore

Lopenomore Member

Hello all! I am also a recovering loperamide addict. Yes it is addictive and works just like other opiates. It works in the body in therapeutic doses by slowing the muscle contractions down in the large intestine to allow for more moisture to be removed from your stool. Loperamide is an opiate 100%! It is brought into the body and sent to the brain just like an opiate however in small therapeutic doses it gets pumped back out. Now if you mega does the loperamide it floods the pumps and overpowers them. The withdrawal from loperamide is long and nasty. It took over a solid month for the worst to be over and mo the after to feel semi normal. It is defiantly doable so don't give up! If I can do it you can do it!!!
    deanokat likes this.
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Thanks for the info and congrats on your recovery from loperamide addiction, @Lopenomore. Posts like yours are encouraging to others who are struggling. Thanks for being an inspiration and I hope to see you around these forums.
  3. ScuzaAZ

ScuzaAZ Member

As of May of this year they finally recognized the abuse factor and are starting to package it in blister packs. Meaning you will notice that they will sell a pack of lets say 16 which will be sealed 1 at a time that you push through the pkg. The idea behind it is that it takes much more time then pouring a bunch from a bottle. They also have limited the qty to no more then 200 in bulk packs.
    Dominica and deanokat like this.