An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Injecting suboxone drinking daily

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Joshmeme, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Joshmeme

Joshmeme Member

So I been clean off of meth and heiroine now for going on almost 3 years but I found my self shooting up my suboxone and drinking a few shots a day not much I’m honestly scared I’m going to die this way any one else have any thing similar and can I die from shooting suboxone
  2. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Community Champion

I tried for years to be abstinent from alcohol and finally I did it. My brain was rewired due to coming within a nanosecond of losing my life. But, even though I was abstinent from alcohol, I continued to smoke cigarettes until again my brain was rewired, due to becoming blind in one eye for 5 minutes. I finally achieved sobriety and not once in 40 years has the desire to drink or smoke returned. In other words, abstinence isn't sobriety!
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  3. Bembry

Bembry Member

In contrast, a thread asking how to quit crack was answered with a fairly uninspired, ‘hopefully you’ll learn to hate it’ and in one thread discussing how to taper alcoholism, one solution proffered was to use more alcohol. However, there were far more sensible suggestions handed out to people seeking advice on quitting and the negative effects of drug use. But even so, these are amateur drug counselors, and someone has to take charge if the advice becomes unhelpful, or if a discussion heads towards mayhem.