An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Inspiration.

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by Carnold23, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Carnold23

Carnold23 Community Champion

You are strong. You have a beautiful soul. You are stronger than any substance because you have a beating heart.
    Wake up today and tell yourself that you are wonderful, you are worthy and you will do anything you can to show this to the world.
    You are worthy of change.
    Rosyrain and dyanmarie25 like this.
  2. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

Those are inspirational words. :)
    Right that a person is stronger especially if he or she had inspiration and lots of motivation. Change is worthy for the betterment.
  3. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

The last line of your post hit me the hardest - You are worthy of change.

For the longest time I don't think I believed I was worthy. I'd made mistakes because of my drinking. I'd been a bad daughter, bad friend (to the few good, true friends I had), I'd been a bad employee - why should I get to change? Why should little me, flawed in so many ways, get the chance to fix things?

But that's EXACTLY why I had to fix things! I was worth it - my loved ones who had stuck by me were worth it, my future was worth it. I just had to believe it myself - and when I did it really set the wheels in motion for getting on that road to recovery.
  4. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

Being worthy of change is something that a lot of people dint understand, and they think they can't change even if they wanted to.

It's a fact that everybody can change, it's just how badly you want to that stops you.
  5. Rainman

Rainman Community Champion

Doubting their ability is what makes most people unwilling to even think about fighting their addictions. They've resigned themselves to their fate. Someone I know told me that even he couldn't fight his smoking addiction because he knew he couldn't manage it. It's the wrong mindset. Believe that you are strong enough and you can do it. Where there is a will, the mind will find a way to get you what you want.
  6. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

Nothing is permanent in this world except change, and sometimes, for us to be better individuals, we have to go through some changes in life. But yeah, everyone is worthy of change, a good change to be specific. :)
  7. amin021023

amin021023 Community Champion

@Carnold23: thanks for this kind words, I never though simple words could inspire me that much. you're right, every person should know their value and respect their body and mind.
  8. serenity

serenity Community Champion

That is so true. Everyone is actually worthy of change, it just depends on the attitude and personality of the addict, if he is willing to stick with his goal through thick and thin and he can overcome the cravings.
  9. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

Thanks for sharing. I do think that everyone has the right to be here in this world. However, if we deliberately hurt others and desecrate this earth, we forfeit that right (I'm talking about the likes of ISIS and other terrorists). In normal circumstances, we all deserve to be here. And despite what we've been through, the world has enough room for us all.
  10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Community Champion

Thank you for my daily kick in the butt! I've been feeling kind of down lately, I don't have the best attitude and I've been struggling to make ends meet (especially at my work) but I'm starting to get back on track. Inspirational words! :)
    sunflogun likes this.
  11. sunflogun

sunflogun Community Champion

I am really glad to read your post FuZy and indeed we do need to be kicked once in a while, it's like an eye opener! :)
  12. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Community Champion

I truly believe in mind over matter and know that people can fight anything, even the worst addiction, if they put their mind to it. You have to be stronger than the drug and come to the realization that the drug can't have control over your mind and body any longer
  13. doatk22

doatk22 Community Champion

Very powerful and inspirational. If only people could keep focused on the positive!
  14. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

I am here to endorse your comments. Quite inspiring I think. All of us addicted or not can benefit from this.
  15. sunflogun

sunflogun Community Champion

Concentrating on the heart can definitely work as a good inspiration too, really strong words Carnold!