An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Inspirational Quotes

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by springbreeze, Nov 3, 2014.

1. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

Love this one! It both made me laugh and made me think - it's very practical advice though! We can change things in our lives, we just have to use our willpower and put our mind and other resources to the task!
    Winterybella likes this.
  2. Mara

Mara Community Champion

I'm joining the bandwagon. Here are some of my favorite quotes from my favorite character in one of my favorite books, To Kill a Mockingbird:

(I used the word favorite too many times. Sorry.)

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view … until you climb into his skin and walk around in it.”

“I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It’s when you know you’re licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do.”

By the way, the book's author, Harper Lee recently died. RIP.
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

4. Vinaya

Vinaya Community Champion

I found this quote on my facebook feed.
    LIfe Quote.jpg
  5. sillylucy

sillylucy Community Champion

My favorite quote is the serenity prayer and the one that "God doesn't give us anything we can't handle." It makes me realize that I am strong and I can keep things in check.
  6. Kyler

Kyler Active Contributor

"Reputation is what folks think you are. Personality is what you seem to be. Character is what you really are.
    Overcoming Addiction Quote by Alfred Armand Montapert

No matter what people might think of you or might say, the truth is, you will remain who you are deep down inside and nobody can change you from the inside. Trust and have some confidence in yourself that your character can do it, what other people think doesn't matter because reality is deep down within you my friend.
  7. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence, but it comes from within. It is there all of the time.
    Anna Freud

I found this one I like.
  8. Rainman

Rainman Community Champion

Recovering addicts often have to deal with criticism . . . what people say about them [they think you'll fall], all the judgment, etc. Here's a quote that should cheer you up:

“Whoever is trying to bring you down is already below you.” – Unknown

Brush aside their criticism and keep going . . .
  9. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

"Let your life lightly dance on the edges of Time like dew on the tip of a leaf. "
    ― Rabindranath Tagore
  10. kgord

kgord Community Champion

"It is always darkest before the dawn." That is one of my favorites, because many times it truly is. another one is "He who hesitates is lost." Also true. So many great quotes out there with wisdom for the taking. We should post them on the walls.
  11. Vinaya

Vinaya Community Champion

Here is one of my favorite quotes about life. It is from the Buddha.
    Buddha Quote.jpg
    Note: I created this quote image.
  12. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

“Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”– Will Rogers

So keep moving and growing.