An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

inspiring word for the day

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by tasha, Feb 18, 2016.

1. tasha

tasha Community Listener Community Listener

I have woken up and the day is bright and sunny with a lot of heat but the ocean looks beautiful and I have the courage to get up and face the world again today. Nobody is going to make me feel inferior or small and I am going to succeed at everything that I do today. I am also going to smile and be happy even if I don't feel like it and I am going to be thankful that I get to go to work and I get to smile again. Enjoy your day and do one positive thing for yourself and someone else today! In fact put a positive thought here for others to see
    kassie1234, dyanmarie25 and Rainman like this.
  2. Mara

Mara Community Champion

Wow! I would love to see the view from your room. I miss waking up to the sound of the ocean and the sun streaming down my face every morning. I wish I could go on a vacation again. If I could, I would want to live in a hut just beside the ocean or below the mountain range. Fresh air, clear skies...it's totally the best.

By the way, thanks for the positive vibes. :D
    Rainman likes this.
  3. Rainman

Rainman Community Champion

One of my favorite quotes:

“When you are joyful, when you say yes to life and have fun and project positivity all around you, you become a sun in the center of every constellation, and people want to be near you.”
    ― Shannon L. Alder

Don't seek happiness where you can't find it. If you project positivity happiness will seek you out.
    Mara likes this.
  4. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

Sounds like you are in a beautiful place with that ocean in your view. :)
    It is a good thing to motivate ourselves everyday and feel good Thinking of better things to come and keep the hope. Have a nice day!
  5. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

I absolutely love how positive and inspiring you are in this post. That's true, we should just try to enjoy our day, I believe that an optimistic mindset attracts good vibes. :)
  6. gracer

gracer Community Champion

Your words are truly inspiring and motivational and I thank you for this thread. Waking up in the morning full of energy and hope makes the whole day a great one. The vibrancy and joy you have exerted in starting your day will end it in a positive way too. May you all have a wonderful day! :)
  7. Vinaya

Vinaya Community Champion

I woke up a title while ago. Opened the window and sniffed the air. The countryside air is so pure and fresh. I am filled with vigor. I look at the distance. I can see my wheat field. The plants are turning yellow, soon there will be harvest time. Life is beautiful.
  8. L_B

L_B Community Champion

I love reading positive and inspiring posts like these. They make you feel good. There are so many wonderful things to be thankful for. Sometimes you just have to stop and pause and enjoy the simple things in life. Life truly is a beautiful thing.
  9. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

I loved your mantra for the day . Today mine is going to be to stay strong despite some stressful events in my life right now. It's going to be believing in myself, encouraging myself and being kind to myself. It's going to be choosing happiness over stress and seeing the bright side always.